Thread: limos.com

Hybrid View

Default limos.com

Here we go again my rep called me again to try to get me to sign up for limos.com. (I was one of there first advertisers but canceled my membership when they sold) He is stating 2 of my competitors that pay $900.00 a month and are booking jobs left and right. We are on Long Island so it is a busy market with a lot of competitors. What are your thoughts on this? Anyone having success in busy markets with limos.com? Are there other sites or areas that you are getting leads from that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by lilimo View Post
    Here we go again my rep called me again to try to get me to sign up for limos.com. (I was one of there first advertisers but canceled my membership when they sold) He is stating 2 of my competitors that pay $900.00 a month and are booking jobs left and right. We are on Long Island so it is a busy market with a lot of competitors. What are your thoughts on this? Anyone having success in busy markets with limos.com? Are there other sites or areas that you are getting leads from that work for you?
    I have been told the exact same thing for our market in Texas and I think it is disingenuous for them to be making such statements without providing any data other than a sales pitch.

No doubt limos.com spends a lot on online advertising to find potential limo customers. But charging limo companies a $900-$950/mo fee plus an additional commission per run is pretty damn expensive compared to all the other electronic advertising options we have available to us. I think anyone should question spending that type of money without some firm data being provided about how many hits they are getting in a specific town, how many Online bookings are being made per month in your town, etc.
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; April 2nd, 2014 at 08:34 AM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Blog Entries

I tried with them last year for about 3 months and after spending $2200.00 I received two jobs worth $800.00 total.

I would think a money-back guarantee would go a long way, but I don't they would offer that. I wonder why...
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I would think a money-back guarantee would go a long way, but I don't they would offer that. I wonder why...
    It's a good way to do business. Whenever I get new clients for selling advertising I send them leads for free until they book something and then negotiate a rate. It's really hard for someone to turn down paying for advertising when it's proven that it has made them money.

What bothers me is how they downgrade the limousine business. I get calls from customers telling me that companies are charging (Rides found! Compare free quotes from $57 per person for 9 passenger limo) and these companies have to kick back 15% to limos.com I cant see where there is profit. You do not get repeat customers from pennysavers. Plus you have to minus the $900.00 a month you are paying

15%? More like 35%a also its $1200/month in California
    Raphael Sousa - Owner/Operator
    SF Limo Express
    "Where you need to be, on time, all the time"
    Owner-Operator
    direct: 415-990-6364

Serving San Francisco Bay Area, Napa, Peninsula
    Wine country tours, Airport Transfer, Special occasions
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/sf-limo-express-san-francisco