Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booking Proms

Default Booking Proms

What is do you do to market for proms that you find the most affective?

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

You don't have to market proms. Just make sure when the kids call give them the time and respect you would
    give to any client. We book so many proms because other companies won't give the kids the respect they deserve.

Just make sure you have a good internet presence because that's the main way they will find you. You could also put up flyers at the local high schools if they allow it and anywhere you can where the kids hang out.

Prom season should be a great time to have all your vehicles booked! Make sure not to book other events on Prom days that may mean you lose prom business, pay close attention to scheduling of Proms and make sure your phone customer care people know how to maneuver the days and scheduling!

I'm booked for my girlfriend's daughter's prom in April! If I can do it, anybody can!

Now it's just a matter of them deciding what theme they want for the outside of the limo, snacks, and video/music.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    I'm booked for my girlfriend's daughter's prom in April! If I can do it, anybody can!

Now it's just a matter of them deciding what theme they want for the outside of the limo, snacks, and video/music.
    There's never a shortage of people who want a chauffeured stretched limo for the evening but don't want to pay anything for it.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    There's never a shortage of people who want a chauffeured stretched limo for the evening but don't want to pay anything for it.
    Me included!

NEVER, EVER, EVER spend money marketing for proms or formals!!! There is a finite number of limousines available in your town. Let's say that there are seven companies in your town and each has five limos. There are 35 total limos available for charter. There will be 70 to 100 groups looking to charter. Why spend money when they are already going to call.

Yes, they will call every phone number that they find in Google to compare rates. Don't be a douche bag and raise your rates either. It's hard enough for them to come up with the money and your rates should be consistent all the time. Be patient. They will come. Now, if your number isn't popping up in the top five on Google, you have a different issue.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

I disagree about raising your rates. Not just proms but any date where there aren't enough vehicles to go around you should be charging whatever someone is willing to pay. Simple supply and demand. If you don't charge more proms will end up costing you more money anyway because instead of a night out from 8-2 or 9-3 on a Saturday the proms will want 5-11 or 6-12. When they do that you are only able to do 1 trip that day instead of doing a wedding during the day then a night out.

Quote Originally Posted by NVTours View Post
    What? Free? lol!
    Yeah, FamilyLimo has a personal stretched limo (not for hire). He doesn't charge for its use, he just does it for fun!
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    Yeah, FamilyLimo has a personal stretched limo (not for hire). He doesn't charge for its use, he just does it for fun!
    And still having fun doing it!

This last weekend, I did surprise birthday party for a neighborhood friend for her dad that just turned 90! He is from Hong Kong. He looks 70 at most. He still drives and works as a lawyer.

My friend wanted the full Playboy theme for him and his relatives that were in from Hong Kong for his birthday -- funny. She also sent me links on YouTube of her dad's favorite Chinese songs so I could burn them to DVD to play on the TV with the limo's thumping sound system (the new amp is great).

Some of the relatives really did look 90. The oldest lady was this very tiny lady that didn't say a word, and she was so old you couldn't even see her eyes. But as soon as I arrived, she immediately wondered up to the limo, hit a pose, and waited for someone to take her picture. She then moved all around the limo so her picture could be taken from all different angles with the different playboy markings. During the ride, the dad was singing the whole way to his favorite songs -- many of them Karaoke style with the words on the screen.

The setup was that I was just stopping by to show them my limo and offer to drive them to a normal lunch at a close by restaurant which turned out to be where the people in the surprise party were waiting.

I heard the dad was really impressed and bragged about his ride in the Playboy limo to all his friends at the restaurant.

photo 2 (6).jpgphoto 1 (7).jpgphoto 3.jpg
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; March 25th, 2014 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NVTours View Post
    Good pictures about proms!lol
    Yea, your right, we don't want too much activity on this forum. We need to preserve the Internet bandwidth for forums that have some real activity.

Red face Social Media Marketing For Proms

I definitely think social media helps, proms is for the younger generation so connecting on Twitter, Facebook and so on is very effective. Happy and lively pictures, and of course offering "pretty" limos!

And the best thing is social media is FREE! Those were great pics @FamilyLimo
    CT Transportation Services - Limousines of Connecticut - Providing town car and limousine services around the tri-state area for over a decade. With luxury limousine services available for milestone events or basic transportation, special occasion limos are available as well as airport transportation in CT for services to JFK, LGA, EWR, and surrounding airports in the area.