Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google, Yahoo or Bing

Hybrid View

Default Google, Yahoo or Bing

I keep hearing that Google has 2/3 of all the internet. Myself, I never use it, only Yahoo
    and Bing, because they have a homepage with news, weather ect.

Recently my Dex salesperson told me they track where calls come from, they say it's Google one day, Yahoo the next, same for Bing, no clear leader.

The reason I'm wondering is because I have trouble getting on the first page of Google. Sometimes I'm there twice on the first page, sometimes I get bumped by out of town limo companies, national directories, and things that are completely irrelevant, like taxi companies or out of business companies that Google keeps listing.

Yahoo and Bing are way better, I always get close to the top of the first page, but if everyone is on Google, it doesn't help to be doing good on Yahoo and Bing.

So I'm wondering if I should spend more money trying to get better placement with google or if Bing and Yahoo are popular enough that I don't have to be so worried about Google.

Kevin, Excaliber Limo Fargo ND

YouTube! more searches then Google! Look it up. But between the 3 mentioned above, Hands down Google.

Results don't change that often on google. You are probably seeing different results based on your previous browsing history. You should just put good work into your site and it should help on all search engines. They all use the same basic principals on how they rank websites.

I looked up 'Fargo Limousine' on google and you came up twice on the first page. Not too bad. But I would suggest re-naming the pages on your site to something more descriptive. All your pages have a one word title and I think the search engines like something more descriptive. Maybe Greg, the resident web guru around here, will weigh in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by LGAL View Post
    I looked up 'Fargo Limousine' on google and you came up twice on the first page. Not too bad. But I would suggest re-naming the pages on your site to something more descriptive. All your pages have a one word title and I think the search engines like something more descriptive. Maybe Greg, the resident web guru around here, will weigh in on this.
    I am doing good right now on google, but it hasn't been consistant. Think I will pay someone to do a website that will place good rather than pay someplace to find the one I had.

As a customer, I use Google. The refinements are easy to include and the results are relevant. Yahoo doesn't have the ease of further refinements and Bing is a flat-out disaster and unless it changes, it could go the way of Ask Jeeves.
    Back when I built web sites, I put a bunch of tags in the code which helped tremendously and over time, those sites would rise to the top. Tags to include words and different phrases and misspelled words that potential clients would enter when searching.
    Last edited by Cougars 2 go; March 7th, 2014 at 02:20 PM.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

There is a reason google is the number 1 search engine in the world. I have found it is easy to get on page one with yahoo. Google takes longer and more work to make it this high. That is because google wants it's users to get what they are looking for the first time. We ran our business for 6 years without a physical location, just a few websites that I made rank on google. We were very successful with google so I think it's safe to say if you focus your efforts on page one for google your phone will ring.

Google still number one as a traffic source and for online users that rely on google daily, specially on mobile phones nowdays. It doesn't mean that you don't have to rank on yahoo and bing but their traffic still so low.
    Silver Star Limousine
    112 Quince st Bridgeport, CT
    View our fleet including the Escalade and Hummer Limo vehicles@ www.silverstarlivery.com/limo_fleet.html

Default Search engines

search_engine_dominance_by_country.jpg
    Here is an idea of what search engines are being used where. I have had success organically building my rank in google using basic optimizing tips. The US market is clearly searching with Google. Verifying your business address with google maps is a good first step.

Try hiring a google adwords guy in your area who might be able to run some ads for you. That's what I did and it worked out pretty well. I was converting leads into more sales than before. Then we also made my website mobile friendly so that customers who find me on their smartphones, usually about 50% of them, can easily browse my site and contact me. In the beginning it was a bit troublesome, but then I got used to it.

Marketing and seo a is a continuous work try to get a professional team and get thing on board with adword and adcenter.

I just saw that this is an old thread haha. +

Google owns the market when it comes to search engines, there is no discussion on that. If you make a good effort in SEO to rank in Google, then the other search engines should catch on. However, SEO is on going work. You can also go the Adwords route but you better make sure to get someone who knows what they are doing. Your budget can go down the drain very quick without any leads.