Thread: 1996 H2 5 door Krystal Koach rear heater issue

Default 1996 H2 5 door Krystal Koach rear heater issue

Sorry I posted the wrong year. It is a 2006.

My KK 5 door has just started giving me grief. The rear heater blower will constantly run until I kill the main power for the rear then it will stay off when not needed. It will work fine afterwards for a short time then even with the blower switch is shut off it will continue to run until I kill the rear main. I’m thinking relay, but I wanted to see your thoughts. I’m here in ohio so the heater has had one heck of a workout so it is hard to tell.
    Last edited by Thomas Westfall; March 2nd, 2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Wrong year in post header. it is a 2006

Anything else stay on? I had an issue with a 2003 Krystal Town Car where the main solenoid (just a glorified starter solenoid) was latching on, which they are wont to do. Power in the back would randomly stay on after key off. Tapped the solenoid with a wrench and it shut off.

Krystal puts them to the passenger (right) side of the relay board, covered by a formed black ABS shroud. If it's the same problem in your H2, protect the cables from shorting out but leave the shroud off. Overheats easier with the shroud in place.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

thank you Dave. That was it! But now my rear climate control panle will just go black. Nothing will work then after it is off for a bit it will work fine. I'm chasing a never ending rats nest of wires, but it is intermittent and hard to diagnose. Any further enlightenment is greatly appreciated.