Thread: Goodbye Groundlink

Default Goodbye Groundlink

After an especially egregious display of really bad customer service on the part of Groundlink's Dispatch/Affiliate/Customer Service Departments I severed my ties with them last weekend.

We had a client who is fairly famous around these parts - former UT ball player, now with the NBA - who we picked up at the airport and took downtown. When they arrived at the hotel he informed the chauffeur he wanted the car to wait so he could shopping for about an hour and got out to check in. The chauffeur called Groundlink Dispatch as instructed many times by them and was told that the client would have to call personally to extend the ride. Being told this the chauffeur called me and explained the situation; I got on the phone and waited on hold 14 minutes for dispatch then explained that I was callling on behalf of the client to extend his trip. The dispatcher said I needed to call affiliate relations. I hung up and did so; waited on hold and was then told I had to call Customer Service. The chauffeur is now calling me to say the client is back and ready to go - I told him to do whatever necessary and they took off. Customer Service finally picked up and said to do what the client wanted and adjust the run sheet accordingly. After the trip was over I tried, and tried, and tried to adjust the times and settle the trip and was unable to do so; the message at top was "Job is already in proper state" or something to that effect. I called back to Customer Service and told them I couldn't do it and they advised they'd take care of it. But the didn't and I got an e-mail the next morning advising me to settle the trip. I called and said to just please close it.

Revenue from GL has declined over the past year from an average of $2k per month to about $150 but their requirements have not changed at all. I decided I'd had enough. I wrote to Dusan and explained that their customer service model just doesn't fit mine and it's time to part ways. The only response was he would drop my account.

So Goodbye Groundlink.
    John Harris
    Owner Operator
    Austin Ultimate Sedans

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

This exact lack of service and over complicating things is why we dropped Boston Coach and Limo Link. Affiliate work is not worth the trouble.

Blog Entries

I am sorry to hear about these issues. We have operated without affiliates for over 14 years. Although we have services a few on rare occasions, we have stayed away from this market. It has always been our opinion that why should we give away 5% to AMEX, then up to 20% to the affiliate?

There are still affiliates today that we have not been paid for the runs. One we dealt with was just an out and out crook.

We believe that we have gone down the correct path. The primary advantage the affiliate offers is that one client can book a car, almost anywhere in the world with one call. We cannot offer that service..

We actually do work with several other affiliates and have been treated well on the whole. GL has been another story from the beginning. They started out with some other name a few years ago and actively recruited me and one other company here in Austin. I met with some other GL affiliates in Vegas last year and they were having the same issues back then. It finally got to the point that they just weren't worth the extra effort to deal with them and their staff. There had been a regional "manager/coordinator" up until a couple of months ago but he seems to have disappeared. I suspect that Groundlink is on their last legs outside of NYC.
    John Harris
    Owner Operator
    Austin Ultimate Sedans

Just for fun I checked on Groundlink availability for the next few days. SXSW is starting tomorrow and we're starting to book up. Groundlink has no availability in Austin for the next week. It looks like they have lost both affiliates here.
    John Harris
    Owner Operator
    Austin Ultimate Sedans

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    This exact lack of service and over complicating things is why we dropped Boston Coach and Limo Link. Affiliate work is not worth the trouble.
    Limo Link drove us nuts. You got at least 4 calls before and during the ride. The time on the phone was not worth the hassle for $90.00 airport runs. Then once a week they would call and ask what color car was going to show up. I finally had enough and told them to take a hike.

Banned

Same here, Limo Link is a total pain. I have heard they have an app now and if the driver uses it will reduce the calls. But still this is my company and not theirs. I don like them telling me how to run my company. Same story with Ground link. They never pay us what they say. When there is problems / questions you cant get a hold of them. I know I cant wait on hold for 15 minutes, I have 5 line ringing here. I guess some is just not as good as the rest of us...