Thread: Starting in Orlando,Fl

Default Starting in Orlando,Fl

Hello everyone,

I have been exploring the site for a couple of months now and have learned quite a bit from your post. I will be graduating college in May from University of South Florida and plan to start a sedan service in Orlando,Fl this June. I calculated all expenses, (personal,business,savings,taxes,ect.) and I will need to book 40 hours a week in order for everything to be covered. I plan on purchasing a 2014 Cadillac XTS to start, that I will attempt to collect $65/hr. I am charging for the quality of service I can provide rather than the type of car.

How do the sedan services out there make money in the middle of the day?
    Is it realistic to book 40+ hours a week per vehicle consistently?

Any additional advice will be greatly appreciated.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Orlando is a cut throat market. You would do some reseach , talk to drivers in orlando or even take a part time job driving to see it this is for you. That market is overflowing with sedans and SUV running at rock bottom prices. And you have Mears who has sedans staged at all major resorts. Good luck. We are in Daytona if you need any advise or a friend in the biz give us a call anytime.

First, I would like to thank you for the reply.
    Do you mean the Orlando market being cut-throat because their is allot of low balling going on? Even the hotel industry is huge in Orlando, I wanted to provide air port pick up services, corporate transportation, and funerals...ect. Would the pricing structure survive in this type of market?

Klutch, it will be hard booking 40 hours a week straight out of the gate. You will need to put your best foot forward and present yourself as a professional to the larger, more established companies that focus on quality so that they might bring you on as a local affiliate to handle their overflow or if they find themselves in a tight spot.

If it's like Chicago, all the resorts and hotels are under exclusive contracts with a car service. I don't think you will be getting much work from them. Instead, make yourself available to the companies that have those contracts. They may need you, they may not. College educated chauffeur with a brand new Cadillac XTS... You're on the right track.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

With the demand in Florida you might want to charge more than $65 an hour. When it comes to providing a sedan service you need to think quality over quantity especially in a state like Florida !