Thread: Help!!! Looking for advise on New Websie!!

Default Help!!! Looking for advise on New Websie!!

Hey guys,

I am in search of a company/person that can help me build a website. I am starting a transportation company (hence why I joined the forum). I am new to the business and need help figuring out what websites work and which don't. I will be doing Google Adwords and Social Media marketing as well as SEO.

I have done Digital marketing before for work so I understand it. Just need someone to put it on a computer and guild me through it.

Anyone suggestions would help a lot.

Thanks Guys, Drive on

So you're looking for a company to make the website and then you will handle the seo and adwords? If thats the case you should look into using wordpress to make your site. Its relatively easy doesn't require much coding and has pretty good seo tools, and you will probably save money.

We use web.com, however we can't manage our seo just the adwords.

Quote Originally Posted by auroralimo View Post
    So you're looking for a company to make the website and then you will handle the seo and adwords? If thats the case you should look into using wordpress to make your site. Its relatively easy doesn't require much coding and has pretty good seo tools, and you will probably save money.

We use web.com, however we can't manage our seo just the adwords.
    You guys are first on both Yahoo and Google with a "Limo Aurora, IL" search, very impressive! When I get my site up and running, maybe I will see if you had any tips that you would be willing to share!

Quote Originally Posted by auroralimo View Post
    If thats the case you should look into using wordpress to make your site. Its relatively easy doesn't require much coding and has pretty good seo tools, and you will probably save money.
    Wordpress can be a good cheap solution when set up properly. One key thing that comes to mind and I have in the past month seen the issue a couple of times: make sure if you use a "canned" theme, that you get it from the proper source. There are many sites out there that will take a paid theme, and then list it on their "free theme" site, but they have modified it, to at the very least give search engines different results, at worse, open up a backdoor into your site to do whatever they want to do with it.

Also, use as few plugins as you have to, and REMOVE any plugins/themes that you do not use. Thankfully now wordpress seems to be doing autoupdates (at least to its own core). Outdated versions of the core and/or themes/plugins are the main way sites running wordpress get hacked. One thing to definately use is either a caching plugin, or use a service such as cloudflare.com to cache your site contnet for the fastest possible delivery to users. Google does now rank site speed as a factor in ranking, and wordpress when you start adding in plugins is not very efficient on data handling.

Also a tip when it comes to SEO and working on your site. Get outside advise. People who don't work for you or even in the industry. Engage current customers, friends, relatives and ask them what they would search for. Sometimes it can be surprising what they actually look for in terms of search results and what they look for when they get to your site. When you are working on your site, it is very easy to get focused on what YOU know/think it should be, and can miss something that someone not connected with it see.

And remember, SEO is definitely not a "set it and forget it" deal. Heck, the past year or so, google changes rules enough to take what used to be good ranking sites and just about wipe them off of their results page.

-Greg

PS, AuroraLimo, you may want to go into your settings on here and check your signature, some of your links are coming up with [/URL at the end of them, which then won't let them resolve until you manually remove that part.
    Last edited by Greg K; February 18th, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    Wordpress can be a good cheap solution when set up properly. One key thing that comes to mind and I have in the past month seen the issue a couple of times: make sure if you use a "canned" theme, that you get it from the proper source. There are many sites out there that will take a paid theme, and then list it on their "free theme" site, but they have modified it, to at the very least give search engines different results, at worse, open up a backdoor into your site to do whatever they want to do with it.

Also, use as few plugins as you have to, and REMOVE any plugins/themes that you do not use. Thankfully now wordpress seems to be doing autoupdates (at least to its own core). Outdated versions of the core and/or themes/plugins are the main way sites running wordpress get hacked. One thing to definately use is either a caching plugin, or use a service such as cloudflare.com to cache your site contnet for the fastest possible delivery to users. Google does now rank site speed as a factor in ranking, and wordpress when you start adding in plugins is not very efficient on data handling.

Also a tip when it comes to SEO and working on your site. Get outside advise. People who don't work for you or even in the industry. Engage current customers, friends, relatives and ask them what they would search for. Sometimes it can be surprising what they actually look for in terms of search results and what they look for when they get to your site. When you are working on your site, it is very easy to get focused on what YOU know/think it should be, and can miss something that someone not connected with it see.

And remember, SEO is definitely not a "set it and forget it" deal. Heck, the past year or so, google changes rules enough to take what used to be good ranking sites and just about wipe them off of their results page.

-Greg

PS, AuroraLimo, you may want to go into your settings on here and check your signature, some of your links are coming up with [/URL at the end of them, which then won't let them resolve until you manually remove that part.

All great words of advise! thank you Greg.

I am using web.com to build my site and my sis in-law is helping me with it. she has set up a few websites through them and has alot of friends that can help me make my site one of the top sites on the search engines (I hope).

I use to work for a digital marketing firm and understand how SEO and Google and the search engines keep changing there codes to filter out sites that aren't up to par. Once i get my site up I will post it here and hope you guys can send me feed back.

I am slightly concerned with Adwords because I know how to use it just don't plan on having it run 24/7. I am going to do what you said and ask friends, family, customers what they would search for and use that as ammo.

what exactly is couldflare.com? do i put that in the coding?

-Anton

Quote Originally Posted by stogge View Post
    You guys are first on both Yahoo and Google with a "Limo Aurora, IL" search, very impressive! When I get my site up and running, maybe I will see if you had any tips that you would be willing to share!

Very impressive!!!! google+, first on page and adwords top 3? WOW

Banned

I'm redoing our web site and using wix.com they several options and it very easy to use. Also you can convert your site and make it a mobile site as well,, again very easily