Thread: Party Bus Marketing towards up coming prom season!?

Default Party Bus Marketing towards up coming prom season!?

So just wanted to throw this topic out there and see if any one is doing anything special advertising wise? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Demand goes way up, supply stays the same. You shouldn't need to do any special marketing.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

No need for any pay marketing. If you want park it out in front of area high schools after school and open the door and hand out some cards after they step in and check it out. Just get a schedule of all the area schools dance dates and once you are booked any other schools on that same date you can avoid.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Proms do nothing for Saturday's except prevent you from doing two trips in 1 day. Normal Saturday is a day wedding and a night out starting at 8-9PM. Proms start around 6 and prevent you from doing a double. I charge any trip starting before 8PM during prom dates $50 extra per hour.

Do not spend any money for advertising proms. There are never enough limos to go around. You should sell out for every prom date with no trouble
    Jerry Thomas

Thanks everyone!

We optimize our website to make sure we are on the first page for prom limo {our state}, prom party bus {our state}. It doesnt hurt to keep those calls coming in.

I have no idea why you keeping saying that Brandon. It's bullshit. You can easily do both in a day. I've been doing it for 24 years.

I don't gouge students in the name of making an extra buck.

This weekend is a prom weekend in my market and I just looked at my schedule and here are selected cars working a day job and a prom run:

#11 - 2pm - 5pm (Wedding)
    6pm - 1am (Prom)

#16 - 10:00am - 3:00pm (Airport to LAX)
    5:00pm - 12:00am (Prom)

#17 - 9:00am - 5:00pm (Wine Tour)
    7:00pm - 1:00am (Prom)

#18 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm (Wedding)
    Hoping for an evening gig!

#20 - 11:00am - to 3:00pm (Airport to BUR)
    6:00pm to 1:00am (Prom)

If anyone needs help with scheduling twice in one day without raping the kids, call me! I'll teach you how to do it all day long. It's really not that difficult. I am usually pretty laid back but I hate seeing crappy advice given to newbies and this is CRAPPY ADVICE.

It sets your mind in the wrong place. Be consistent in your pricing. It builds loyalty with repeat clients. See a way to make it happen - not the reasons why it can't happen.

Yes, some of those turn around times are tight but I still have one car we hold back just in case we need it to cover a run or handle a mechanical failure or a last minute VIP caller. It's really no big deal at all. Total WRONG mindset.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Yep, Jim, I totally agree with you. Here's my April 12 schedule:

10am - 3pm (Make-A-Wish lunch event for Jonathan)
    5pm - 1am (Prom for daughter and her friends)

Even I can get 2 trips in the same day!
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; April 3rd, 2014 at 12:52 PM.

You are lucky to be in a small area where you can clean the vehicle and pick up in under an hour. My area is are way too spread out for that to fly. Not to mention he asked about party buses and they hardly ever do airport pickups.

Any given Saturday with normal pricing for pickups before 8 and my schedule would have 15 runs booked for proms with times ranging from 4-6 PM and while I might be able to book a few weddings I would be turning other wedding clients down left and right. This has nothing to do with bad scheduling, I have done it your way and learned the hard way. Now my sales are way higher because of it.

Most of my clients and repeat clients are night outs. Prom and weddings are less likely to be repeat clients. How on earth would I build more loyal clients by doing 1 less run that day and turning down my night out clients because all my vehicles are booked already?

I do the same thing on days where I know all of my vehicles will be booked. I charge more when there's more demand than there is supply. Same as when things are really slow and I sometimes give people a discount to get them to book.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    Yep, Jim, I totally agree with you. Here's my April 12 schedule:

10am - 3pm (Make-A-Wish lunch event for Jonathan)
    5pm - 1am (Prom for daughter and her friends)

Even I can get 2 trips in the same day!
    At the rates you're charging I'm sure anyone else on this forum could easily do twice that many trips.

You are right Brandon, the thread was about party buses and I should have focused more on that. I do however do a lot of weddings in buses but still manage to do a wedding in the day and a prom at night. To me, I don't care if it's a prom or night our, trip to the airport, whatever, they're all just people needing a ride paying the same price. Because the majority of our work is Monday - Friday, I suppose Saturday's are just a gravy train day anyway. One run, two runs, no runs.....doesn't really matter.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Default Right on!

Yes phones ringing is the key! All the time, even if you are booked!

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    You are right Brandon, the thread was about party buses and I should have focused more on that. I do however do a lot of weddings in buses but still manage to do a wedding in the day and a prom at night. To me, I don't care if it's a prom or night our, trip to the airport, whatever, they're all just people needing a ride paying the same price. Because the majority of our work is Monday - Friday, I suppose Saturday's are just a gravy train day anyway. One run, two runs, no runs.....doesn't really matter.
    Somtimes the stars align and sometimes they don't. I was referring to making sure it happens more than it doesn't. But either way I was wrong. I didn't realize the thread was started by API Limos. They probably get more wine tours than companies in any other area so it should be easy for them to do double trips on a Saturday. Most companies that specialize in party buses rely on Saturday for their bread and butter so they need to make the money while they can.

If you want to do 2 trips during prom season, you can offer prom clients a discounted hourly rate if they don't go past 9 pm. That way you can book a second run at around 10pm, you can even give the second client a discount and still make more than just having one run.