Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Bar Hopping Shuttle - Need Advice

Quote Originally Posted by broncos2729 View Post
    Also for any fights, the driver will conceal carry Bang Bang...
    This sentence made me cringe. I live in Nevada we all conceal carry and are pro firearms but that statement/smiley combo is not something you want to say.

Last thing you want is your driver (not chauffeur) to pull out a concealed weapon and shoot a drunk college student over a $10 fare. Even if you were trying to "break up" a fight that you thought was "life threatening" thats a lot of legal stuff to worry about. Hell even if you just pulled a weapon to "scare them into breaking up the fight" you are in big trouble.

You are saying its cool to have shot someone (bang bang) with a concealed weapon (sunglasses smiley). Not only do I imagine that statement could be a liability but I think you are not responsible enough to ccw. Someone who is trained to carry does not think its cool and for sure does not thinks its cool to have to use it on a drunk college kid arguing with you over a $10 shuttle in a minivan. Its a responsibility not something to feel cool about.

For your insurance did you tell them your intentions? Did you check a policy on esurance under a private policy or did you actually get a livery quote? $200 seems extremely low. I would expect two or three times that at least.

Are most of these bars clumped together? As a college student I would be looking to save money any way possible. you say 9 bars offer a free shuttle. 1 of which is downtown. As a college student I would take the free shuttle to the bar downtown and walk from there. If I wanted to go to any of the other 9 areas in town I would take a free shuttle there and walk. Why would I want to pay when I could have it for free and walk a few feet? I remember walking 2 miles in college down to the bars. Then 2 miles back all up extremely steep hills. The "kids" you are talking about will do anything they can to not pay $10. That is for sure.

Also as far as my take on college students I believe I am spot on. I myself was doing those things just 4 years ago. My brother who is in one of the wealthier private schools does the same thing with his friends.
    Last edited by cvclubs; February 14th, 2014 at 11:23 PM.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    This sentence made me cringe. I live in Nevada we all conceal carry and are pro firearms but that statement/smiley combo is not something you want to say.

Last thing you want is your driver (not chauffeur) to pull out a concealed weapon and shoot a drunk college student over a $10 fare. Even if you were trying to "break up" a fight that you thought was "life threatening" thats a lot of legal stuff to worry about. Hell even if you just pulled a weapon to "scare them into breaking up the fight" you are in big trouble.

You are saying its cool to have shot someone (bang bang) with a concealed weapon (sunglasses smiley). Not only do I imagine that statement could be a liability but I think you are not responsible enough to ccw. Someone who is trained to carry does not think its cool and for sure does not thinks its cool to have to use it on a drunk college kid arguing with you over a $10 shuttle in a minivan. Its a responsibility not something to feel cool about.

For your insurance did you tell them your intentions? Did you check a policy on esurance under a private policy or did you actually get a livery quote? $200 seems extremely low. I would expect two or three times that at least.

Are most of these bars clumped together? As a college student I would be looking to save money any way possible. you say 9 bars offer a free shuttle. 1 of which is downtown. As a college student I would take the free shuttle to the bar downtown and walk from there. If I wanted to go to any of the other 9 areas in town I would take a free shuttle there and walk. Why would I want to pay when I could have it for free and walk a few feet? I remember walking 2 miles in college down to the bars. Then 2 miles back all up extremely steep hills. The "kids" you are talking about will do anything they can to not pay $10. That is for sure.
    Wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post

Complete joke, relax. My name is not George Zimmerman.

Just my opinion - With it being a college town, I think you will regret doing this type of work. Like everyone else has said, these college kids do not want to spend their money on transportation. They will walk whenever they can, and spend their money elsewhere. And yes, you will be cleaning the puke up at least once a night. Now on the other hand, if you have a resort area nearby, this may work out great for you. We are close to Pinehurst Golf Resort. A friend of mine did this at the main Hotel, and he did very well with it. This is a clientele that has disposable income, and they don't mind paying for the ride.

Nick, I also agree with you on all accounts

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do. I wish you well
    Jerry Thomas

Wow. Just wow.

Good luck to you but you've been given some very good advice which you're probably going to ignore.
    John Harris
    Owner Operator
    Austin Ultimate Sedans

Murdering inntoxicated college students over a $10 shuttle and thinking its cool is not a joke. Anyone responsible enough to have a ccw knows never to even let yourself think like that. This is what gives responsible gun owners a bad name.

Do whatever you would like with your business. Members have given you advice. Choose to listen or don't. Either way i truly hope it works out for you. I realy do. But please don't talk like that anymore. I hope you know how disgusting it can make you look. (Bad) joke or not.
    Last edited by cvclubs; February 15th, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Would an insurance company even cover someone doing this type of job while cc a weapon? I mean I can legally open or conceal carry here in Arizona but when I'm driving would I do so? NO, but if I was driving some taxi in the hood you damn right I would but is it legal per the insurance company that would be my question.. maybe Jim can chime in on this. In the posters defense I do see it as a VERY BAD in taste joke and nothing more, most conceal carry people understand the meaning of why those of us fight so hard for these kind of freedoms. Shall not be infringed upon!! Now to think of it I would just start it with the van and see if it even takes off then if not you are not out much at all. I did this but had to spend $6k plus the insurance to get it going and so far it is proving to be a dead end here which is ok because I'm doing it part time but when the part time doesn't even cover the small overhead it's really not worth it if you ask me...I'm giving it 6 mos and then pulling the plug. I am seeing first hand what those here told me and they have been right thus far so take their advice to heart!

As much as it doesn't seem like a good idea to me (cheap things tend to be treated cheaply) to charge so little and not take a CC number, if you are going to go through with this, may I suggest a fairly big companion (linebacker sized) who could ride shotgun and make sure nothing gets out of hand? And a clause in any contract that states that if things get out of hand that you can drop them off at the nearest street corner?