Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 MKT Town Car 2wd or AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    It cracks me up how much Ford is pushing the MKT. Seems like every issue of all 3 limo mags has some sort of write-up or mention of how awesome it is or what gadgets are on it. Seems pretty obvious if you have to push something this hard...might need to re-think! It is ugly!
    The number of clients that I have that like the styling of the MKT is surprising to me. They seem disappointed if I send an LTC or SUV to pick them up. 50k miles on my MKT and not a single problem. Runs well, gets decent fuel mileage, and with the snow that we have gotten, the AWD has been a great feature.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Received our brand new MKT Town Car today and I must say this thing is packed with goodies! It's amazing how far technology has come. So far I am impressed with it and Im sure my customers will be too. If anyone is thinking about one David Bastian from Towne Livery is the guy to talk to (716)341-0201, he made the purchase, shipping and delivery nice and smooth. Plus a ton of rebates and incentives from Lincoln.

I wish we could go back to bag phones and buggy whips.

AWD only AWD.

www.elitelimo.lt - limo rental service in Lithuania

I've got one of my original clients who has been in MKTs several times in other markets - his quote to me : Don't pick me up in a f*($(ng station wagon. I've also got a couple of older people (one very ill but still traveling) who has used MKTs in DC and absolutely hates the ride. BUT she loves the LTC and the Mercedes.

Any comments on the MKS? I believe that's the direction we're going later this spring.
    John Harris
    Owner Operator
    Austin Ultimate Sedans

I saw an MKT stretch in the flesh for the first time last week. I passed it going the same direction on the freeway, so I got a good look from back, side and front.

It looks like it's specially made to carry more than one casket at a time.

Blog Entries

SO my stretch 2013 120' limo needs new rear brakes at 13,500 miles.

And a suggestion buy from a ford dealer and make sure you give them the vin# of your car. Because it still does not show as a limo in the system. And the brake pads are different from a regular car. Also the rotors are different and cost about $450.00 a pair and comes from the east coast. At least i can turn the rotors this time.

Are your front brakes original? Seems odd that the rears would wear out before the fronts.

Blog Entries

Yes they are It is a brand new car

UPDATE: it's been 6 months and 30k miles later, no issues at all and the clients have loved the new MKT Town Car! Not one single person has had anything negative to say. I have had clients say that they wish the companies on the other end of the flight would update from the old Towncar's.

Metro Chicago - Serving Ohare and Midway Airports

I wonder how long the MKT will be around? Sales are not doing that well.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html
    Hinsdale Limo Service

As nice as the MKT is, it still looks like a minivan and a Lincoln badge doesn't change that. It was a stupid move by Ford to drop the TC after 30 years of history. I've noticed quite a few TC sedan limos being wholesaled by Cadillac dealers so many limo companies are switching to Cadillac.

Switch to Cadillac? That's a dumb move.

If it's good enough for Obama...

Yea but Obama doesn't have to pay for repairs!