Thread: 2001 Lincoln Town Car

Default 2001 Lincoln Town Car

I'm new to this forum so I hope that I am posting this in the proper place. My wife and I just purchased a used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Limo with 93,000 miles on it. It is for our own use and that of our very small company. The previous owner was a limo company and the only other owner was a private party. It rides nicely and so far so good! It is a 26' vehicle, Celebrity series and we were told that Classic Coach built it.

I have a ton of questions, even though the seller went through many of these things with us when we picked up the limo. The switches in the front are mostly self explanatory. We were told that the switches are pretty much the same in most limos, thus not all will be applicable (such as the moon roof). We were told to ensure that the "Aux" switch is in the off position before turning off the vehicle and again when we start it up. What is this switch used for? Whenever I operate it, there is nothing evident that happens. Everything in the back of the limo still functions unless I turn the main switch to off. Can anyone give me information on the Aux switch and how to ensure that it is working?

I'll have more questions, I'm certain. I am looking for literature on all of the controls, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for helping out a rookie!

I just pulled the 4 screws holding the switch panel in the overhead. The switch panel lights are mostly burned out and looks like they are integral to the circuit board itself. Where does one go to find a replacement switch panel?

Solder in new led bulbs, it would be almost impossible to find a replacement panel on a 13 year old limo. I have replaced dozens of the incandescent bulbs with led's and it looks much better anyways.
    Last edited by Nite2RememberLimo; January 18th, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks for the response! I do have soldering skills so that would not be a huge problem. Where do I find the proper new led bulbs? It looks like for this board I would need 7 of themůmaybe more for the board in the back. Thanks again for the assist!

Aux in the rear of the limo is usually just an extra circuit to put something on. It is never for any one specific thing. In our hummer it turns on some under seat lighting and in our sprinter van it turns on some overhear stowage compartment lighting. I have also seen it give power to the television monitors.

Even still once you shut off that main power it should shut off anything connected to the AUX circuit as well.

Unless of course they have the AUX switch hooked up to the solenoid that transfers power from the vehicle battery to the coach battery.

yea you will not find much literature as the coach builders do not write any up usually.

If you cannot seem to find anything that the AUX is connected to just keep it off just in case. If everything else is working then you are golden! Quite possible there is nothing connected to the AUX circuit.

Welcome!
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

You can get small quantities of LED on ebay. If they are surface mounted LED search for "PCB LED" and you should get lots of types.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Thank you, Steve! I'll head over to ebay and see what I can find. Thanks for the heads up on the type of LED.