Thread: New to site, excited to learn.

Default New to site, excited to learn.

Hello folks, my name is Bruce and I have recently thought to start my own limousine service. I have searched posts but didn't find anything pertaining to my area. I am located in south jersey just 10 minutes outside of Atlantic City. I think I have some-what of a business plan for myself but I am lacking in some areas. I am completely fine when it comes to the marketing of my hopeful future business but where I am absolutely confused is the licensing and what not. I saw on a post on this site the other day that there is like a $10,000 fee just to drive into Philadelphia? 10k is quite a bit of money just to drive into the city but what I do like about it (if I read it correctly and there is a 10k fee) is that 10k would weed out the people that might not take the business seriously. I would like to purchase a Lincoln stretch for a party of ten to start out and I already have a 2010 ford f150 fx4 extended cab with the bed covered for luggage for more of just airport runs. I am very excited to hear from all of you veterans in the business and would greatly appreciate any advice.

hey Bruce welcome! You would not have to register to drive into PA on a job you are doing. But there maybe some rules about picking up there if you are a NJ company. I m not to sure on that.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Welcome to the forum!!

I have not heard about a 10k fee for going to Philly. I am sure that cannot be the case.

Do people actually hire pickup trucks for airport trips? As far as leg room and comfort I can only imagine its the exact opposite of a LTC.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    Do people actually hire pickup trucks for airport trips? As far as leg room and comfort I can only imagine its the exact opposite of a LTC.
    Well for Luggage room it cannot be beat! LOL

And Welcome Bruce! I am going to get a presentation for you that explains the licensing process.

OK so this presentation starts off with a fraud case they were working on, kinda interesting. Then down below it goes into the process to register a limousine company in NJ.
    New Jersey MVC Limousine Law
    Last edited by Steve W.; April 18th, 2014 at 12:53 AM.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com