Thread: It has been a very busy eight days...

Default It has been a very busy eight days...

In the span of eight days, I've had two clients involved in two fatality accidents. The first was New Years Eve (or Jan. 1st at 1a) when a sedan struck a pedestrian. The second occurred Monday when a driver lost control of a sedan struck a pole and killed himself and put a female passenger in the hospital.

Claims are the most unfortunate necessity in my industry.

Were they weather related at all? Weather as a factor?
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

No sir. The first one, the pedestrian was in the roadway. The second one, it is believed that it was medical related.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Insurance King View Post
    No sir. The first one, the pedestrian was in the roadway. The second one, it is believed that it was medical related.
    Sorry Phil, I am sure these are not easy to deal with (logistically and emotionally). Hope the New Year gets better brother!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

I don't know if it's the same one but I have seen a bunch of news articles from an Uber driver in San Francisco who hit a pedestrian on the same day. Basically there was a big debate on if Uber was responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I don't know if it's the same one but I have seen a bunch of news articles from an Uber driver in San Francisco who hit a pedestrian on the same day. Basically there was a big debate on if Uber was responsible.
    I do not think Phil would be dealing with that guy, probably only had personal policy who promptly denied any claim since he was screaming he was an Uber driver to anyone that would listen.

He's got bigger things to worry about with the criminal charges.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

No sir, I wouldn't have any dealings with an uninsured company, however the fact that a person is seriously injured or killed is always a tragedy regardless as to the cause or if there is liability insurance to respond on the at-fault party's behalf.

When it comes to claims, I typically don't get involved in them unless there are some problems arising that I can help resolve. Whenever there is a catastrophic loss (significant bodily injury or loss of life) I get involved immediately simply because my head is going to be clearer than my insureds. I help get facts to the claims examiners, try to calm the nerves of my clients, basically try to lighten the initial load that is on the shoulders of the insured and coordinate between the claims people and the insured.