Thread: Need some seat removal tips please.

Default Need some seat removal tips please.

Hello, this is my first post on here and I am just starting out in the limo business. The car that I bought is a 1990 Ultra 120" Stretched Lincoln Towncar with a 5th door. I am trying to figure out how they mounted the back part of the seats in. I don't have a build sheet or a repar book to go off of. Thank you for your help in advance.

Usually you have to remove the bottom part of the seat (bolts coming down from the bottom of it going through floor brackets) to get to the bolts that hold the back of the seat on. You may have to remove any trim pieces that are to the top of the seat backs to get to some bolts up high in the rear of the seat back. These seats are usually no more than plywood backs with carriage bolts coming through to bolt into rails along the stretched portion of the car.

But as they are a custom car anything could be possible once you start tearing into it. There is really no "industry standard" seat mounting.

And Welcome for the forum!!
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Thank you for the welcome.

Blog Entries

Did you have any luck finding a wiring diagram. I am looking for a copy of a wiring diagram for a Krystal 2003 Stretch. I am having an issue with my control board and since the company is out of business, I am finding it hard to locate one. Appreciate any guidance or ideas. Thanks.

DO YOU HAVE AN OWNERS MANUAL FOR THE 03? THEY HAVE A DIAGRAM OF THE FUSES ON THE BOARD BUT THAT IS ABOUT IT. THINK THEY ARE PRETTY WELL LABELED AS WELL.

I have an extra board i can send you that the heater control does not work on it. You can swap them out while you get yours fixed if you would like.

What issue are you having?
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Default Krystal wiring diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Curbside1 View Post
    I am looking for a copy of a wiring diagram for a Krystal 2003 Stretch. I am having an issue with my control board and since the company is out of business, I am finding it hard to locate one. Appreciate any guidance or ideas. Thanks.
    Since your profile is incomplete, I'm unable to communicate with you privately. Search "Newbie Protocol" & follow those suggestions. PM me when you've done so.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.