Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Chrysler 300 vs Lincoln MKT

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Freehold,NJ
    Posts
    5

    Question Chrysler 300 vs Lincoln MKT

    Can anyone give me advice on whether to invest into a Chrysler 300 over the Lincoln MKT? Any one have issues with the loss of warranty on the 300? And anybody use Toplimo in Ny? Thank You Jim JAC Limos

  2. #2

    Default

    Jim,

    having just picked up 3 MKT's I can tell you we weren't big fans of them at first. That being said, every customer we have had in them so far absolutely loves them. They definitely are not the town cars, but they are great vehicles. We bought three Royale 120" and have had zero issues with them. We are not to far from you. Just off LBI. If you want to check one out PM me. Maybe we can meet up somewhere.

    Tom

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Hey jim do you mean for a stretch or just as a sedan?
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Freehold,NJ
    Posts
    5

    Default

    The stretch

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Freehold,NJ
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Ok.,Did you consider the 300 at all? And what made your final decision?

  6. #6

    Default

    We did consider the 300's. Our issue was the loss of warranty. It was pretty much the only reason we didn't go with the Chrysler. Personally I like the look better of the 300. We have replaced our town car sedans with them. As a sedan they give the extended warranty which is always nice too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member RoyalFleet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Buying a 300 from Acton for around $34,000 you get a warranty up to a 100,000 or 150,000 miles, I cant remember. MKT looks like a hearse.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edison NJ
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I had a Chrysler stretch that was my 7th vehicle in our fleet. I bought that just 1 year old with 16k on it. It gave me more problems than all my other 6 vehicles combined. I had a party when I was able to sell it 2 years later. I sleep well ever since I sold that vehicle. Unless you are a mechanic, and you know Chryslers well, stay away from it. The cheap deals vs MKT are not worth going for Chryslers stretch. Now if you are looking for Sedan, that changes everything here. Yet I still prefer the MKT in the sedans as well, but you shouldn't have that much of problems or issues in Chrysler sedan vs stretch.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Houston/TX
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    I had a Chrysler stretch that was my 7th vehicle in our fleet. I bought that just 1 year old with 16k on it. It gave me more problems than all my other 6 vehicles combined. I had a party when I was able to sell it 2 years later. I sleep well ever since I sold that vehicle. Unless you are a mechanic, and you know Chryslers well, stay away from it. The cheap deals vs MKT are not worth going for Chryslers stretch. Now if you are looking for Sedan, that changes everything here. Yet I still prefer the MKT in the sedans as well, but you shouldn't have that much of problems or issues in Chrysler sedan vs stretch.
    What were the types of problems you had with it?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFleet View Post
    Buying a 300 from Acton for around $34,000 you get a warranty up to a 100,000 or 150,000 miles, I cant remember. MKT looks like a hearse.
    this would be true is he wasn't looking at stretch vehicles.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edison NJ
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    What were the types of problems you had with it?
    The problems I had were
    1) The AC is terrible, I had too many complaints and I spent too much time and money correcting it. I even started a thread just to modify the ac to better performing ac, nothing works.
    2) Chrysler is bumpy, passengers don't like it. And because it is bumpy, the front end goes out quickly. Ball joints, links, almost everything in front end.
    3) Chrysler is a lower end, and it bottoms out quickly. I had many scrapes which I got used to it, but I had to call tow trucks to tow it a few times.
    4) Steering box is an issue, they say it is not designed to have such extra load on it.
    5) Wheels are issue, they change shape easily due to pot holes and extra weight, this doesn't happen so easily with Lincoln.
    6) Over heating is another issue that I never could figure it out, it came only every now and then, and spent too much time and found NOTHING.
    7) It develops cracks very fast in the body, due to the design of the stretch. I mean where the stretch is cut in half, all the door jams had cracks, soon comes rust and rust marks.
    8) Trunk is too small. I can do 4-5 pax with luggage in Lincoln Stretch, but not in Chrysler.
    9) Had some major problem with drive shaft coupling. I had to change them every 10k on both end. Not many had this problem, but I and a few others sure did. This coupling is made out of rubber and it is a Mercedes part.
    10) and this, and that, and again something here and there...

    I rather deal with Lincoln, having all other card from Ford, so the problems are kind of similar and known. With Chrysler, I had to educate my self on another level, I felt it was just too much of extra work, time, and money. Even Lincolns are expensive, let it be stretch or sedans, they are more reliable, more comfortable, easy to deal with, and have a better resale value than Chrysler. Having said this, I think Lincoln is still cheaper than Chrysler
    .

    ~Dee
    Last edited by bluelimos; December 1st, 2013 at 09:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Houston/TX
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    The problems I had were
    1) The AC is terrible, I had too many complaints and I spent too much time and money correcting it. I even started a thread just to modify the ac to better performing ac, nothing works.
    2) Chrysler is bumpy, passengers don't like it. And because it is bumpy, the front end goes out quickly. Ball joints, links, almost everything in front end.
    3) Chrysler is a lower end, and it bottoms out quickly. I had many scrapes which I got used to it, but I had to call tow trucks to tow it a few times.
    4) Steering box is an issue, they say it is not designed to have such extra load on it.
    5) Wheels are issue, they change shape easily due to pot holes and extra weight, this doesn't happen so easily with Lincoln.
    6) Over heating is another issue that I never could figure it out, it came only every now and then, and spent too much time and found NOTHING.
    7) It develops cracks very fast in the body, due to the design of the stretch. I mean where the stretch is cut in half, all the door jams had cracks, soon comes rust and rust marks.
    8) Trunk is too small. I can do 4-5 pax with luggage in Lincoln Stretch, but not in Chrysler.
    9) Had some major problem with drive shaft coupling. I had to change them every 10k on both end. Not many had this problem, but I and a few others sure did. This coupling is made out of rubber and it is a Mercedes part.
    10) and this, and that, and again something here and there...

    I rather deal with Lincoln, having all other card from Ford, so the problems are kind of similar and known. With Chrysler, I had to educate my self on another level, I felt it was just too much of extra work, time, and money. Even Lincolns are expensive, let it be stretch or sedans, they are more reliable, more comfortable, easy to deal with, and have a better resale value than Chrysler. Having said this, I think Lincoln is still cheaper than Chrysler
    .

    ~Dee
    Yikes! Good thing I naively bought a LTC, because I did not know about these 300 issues when I was shopping. The LTC cars and limos certainly have enough issues as it is, but they are pretty manageable for me since I am hands on. If I were paying a mechanic, I would have thrown up so much by now I would have turned inside out.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; December 1st, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    I have had 3 Chrysler 300's and one Dodge Charger and several Lincoln limos. While the 300's typically rent for a higher rate than a Lincoln, There are a lot more maintenance issues with the 300. The Lincoln will run for several hundred thousand miles with proper care, but the 300 is usually worn out by the time it reaches 100,000 if you are lucky.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    11

    Default

    We picked up one of each. Our clients prefer the MKT over the 300. The 300 has a rougher ride and is not as comfortable on longer runs.
    Ozzie R

    API Limousine - Ultra Limousine - California Limousine - Napa Valley Wine Tours

  15. #15

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •