Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting nervous! Opening in 2 days!!

Default Getting nervous! Opening in 2 days!!

Not sure what to expect, did one run last week for a neighbor and it was a lot of fun but once it's reality and real customers who knows what will be! Will find out soon enough I guess

Excited for you. I guess it just all depends on the personalities of your clients.

Don't forget to watch the "Wheelmen" movie a couple of times beforehand so you're ready!

Thanks Family, can't say I have heard of that movie but I will check it out! Most of my clientele will be on vacation so that's usually a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLimo View Post
    Thanks Family, can't say I have heard of that movie but I will check it out! Most of my clientele will be on vacation so that's usually a good thing!
    It's on Netflix streaming....

So did you install in the amp/sub that you mentioned?

I just installed a 10" sub in my limo last weekend, and I can't believe what a difference it made. I had put in high quality speakers, but the sound did not fill the passenger area which made the music almost annoying. Now with the woofer, if I hear a good song, I want to go back and play it in the limo so I can really enjoy it -- it's that good. The sound really fills the cabin, and the thump is not crazy, but gives it that party atmosphere.

The Bluetooth adapter I installed is a big help too. Now anyone can stream their music in high quality wireless from their phone. And with Spotify, it's so much easier to manage content. Much better than Pandora.

The Apple TV I put in at the same time as the sub and Bluetooth is also working out really well. I upgraded my hot spot to a new Pantech from Verizon, and now the streaming of video from iPhone's work great. My old hotspot didn't have the WiFi throughput to handle that kind of streaming. With Apple TV you can leave off any password which makes it easy for people to hook up and stream whatever they want. I have sling box, so I can stream my 200 channels of live home cable TV and recorded DVR content through the limo TV and sound system via my iPhone and Apple TV.

The new project right now it to hook up a mixer for microphones to do karaoke. That will be easy since I already did the work to hook up the rest of the stuff. YouTube had lots of ready made Karaoke videos that can be streamed through the Apple TV with the mics being mixed in.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; November 21st, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Wow family you sound way more techy than me! I did install a 10" powered bass tube, fit right in the nook on the passenger side in the trunk and strapped it in. Replaced the $50 off brand cd player that had the face plate duct taped on which funny part is it had video output but my Sony does not so that's kind of a bummer but oh well it still rocks nice and has all those plug in features you mentioned. Mine has a couple of those smaller tv screens with plug ins but I don't even know how they work, my main concern was good sound and a little thump. Wiring up was not so bad, saved about $300 that the local sound place wanted so I can find better use of that money! My ride is at the "good enough stage" other than a couple minor things until can upgrade to a little newer hopefully someday. Have fun with that Karaoke project, should you ever decide to get rid of the car should be very desirable to a future limo company buyer!

Yea, I feel you on the head unit. The JVC unit I have is what Tiffany put in the car, and I wanted to change it, but I didn't want to lose the video. I didn't see many head unit options that would work. Fortunately, I found out that the JVC has the options I needed to pump in audio through the CD changer port ($7 eBay adapter) for the 3.5mm bluetooth adapter, and it had audio in RCA jacks too for the Apple TV.

I'm definitely a little bit techy. My day job is business oriented, so my hobbies, like working on cars and limos, let's me get my geek on. I am electrical engineer/computer scientist by degree.

Well that explains it lol I'm just a dumb midwest transplant trying to get into the limo business which I hear from reading on here is not the best idea. Oh well inspection today then I'm in business. I'm sure it will take some time. Just need t figure out the best marketing..

There aren't really any slam dunk businesses you can start these days, so I am sure the limo business is like any other. If you find a niche market and work hard and smart, you'll do just fine.

That's our goal, we do have a niche and I think it will go well here. OR maybe you and I should open a real limo forum where it's not just 2 of us chatting

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLimo View Post
    That's our goal, we do have a niche and I think it will go well here. OR maybe you and I should open a real limo forum where it's not just 2 of us chatting
    I am surprised there isn't more traffic on here. Given that everyone has mobile devices these days, and being in the limo business involves a lot of waiting around alone, you would think more would be on here shooting the breeze out of pure boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    I am surprised there isn't more traffic on here. Given that everyone has mobile devices these days, and being in the limo business involves a lot of waiting around alone, you would think more would be on here shooting the breeze out of pure boredom.
    I know! I have that concern because I'm not one to be good at sitting around so that part of the job is gonna be difficult for me. Guess the limo will be spit shined while waiting, I can't even wait for my wife when she runs in the store! Good thing is with how we are doing it hopefully won't be a lot of waiting around but for the hourly rate can't really complain about sitting around I guess...I think in general it's the economy and many of the operators on here may not have the excitement of what once was. Just glad I won't have the big car payments and overhead as I learned that lesson in my previous business! I like you find the "limo" to be fun and if the business was not decent would still want to keep it around for fun/trips.

So is it today you are open, or tomorrow?

Well my inspection went well so I'm officially compliant now so open if someone calls. We have only spread some business cards around a few establishments so not expecting much until our ad is out in the local shopper which reaches a few thousand people.

Do you have a website?