Thread: Seat foam and/or seat covers

Default Seat foam and/or seat covers

I would like to replace the seat foam for the driver's seat and the rear seat cushion on my 2006 LTC. The seat backs are ok. I would also like to replace the covers for these seat cushions.

Talking to dealers has not worked out for finding the right seat covers, and they seem confused on many parts for my car by VIN, including these covers. One dealer was adamant that my seat covers were custom made by Tiffany, but I have seen many pics of regular cars with the same seat covers. Do you guys have any secret sauce for getting these parts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; November 20th, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Upholstery shop will be able to do that.

Foam is a dealer item and not to expensive as I have already done this. www.Katzkin.com makes a complete kit factory identical although you have to go thru an authorized dealer to purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    Upholstery shop will be able to do that.
    What he said. Most upholstery shops have lots of experience doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite2RememberLimo View Post
    Foam is a dealer item and not to expensive as I have already done this. www.Katzkin.com makes a complete kit factory identical although you have to go thru an authorized dealer to purchase it.
    Katzkin doesn't list Lincoln as a make on their website...

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    What he said. Most upholstery shops have lots of experience doing this.
    Can they make it look factory though with the exact same leather, stitching and exact color match? I don't want the seat cushion to look different than the seat back.

I don't see what's wrong with the ones you have.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    Can they make it look factory though with the exact same leather, stitching and exact color match? I don't want the seat cushion to look different than the seat back.
    A factory cover won't match the old factory one. Brand new vs several years old with wearing. If you want them to match perfect you will have to replace both of them. A good upholsterer can order the same factory material most of the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by LGAL View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with the ones you have.
    The back seat cover is not too bad. The foam is not in good shape though. In person, the seat cushion leather looks much older than the seat back, which still looks new.

The driver's seat foam is really bad. I have a couple of 1" furniture foam sheets under the original foam cushion to make it usable. And the driver seat cover has lived a hard life, and looks worse in person than the cell phone pics. The passenger seat is like new, which is expected. I do use the front passenger seat for family members, so swapping the foam is not a solution.

I have ordered from Katzkin many times and their kits are identical to OEM, when you order the kit it will be a complete set for both front seats armrest and complete rear seat, you can even ask for the logos to be but on the seats like factory. Like I said they dont sell to the public, you will have to find a dealer for them in your area but to answer your question you will not be able to tell its not factory once you install it. They cut all their leather on a computer from factory specs and the color is a perfect match.

I have ordered from Katzkin many times and their kits are identical to OEM, when you order the kit it will be a complete set for both front seats armrest and complete rear seat, you can even ask for the logos to be but on the seats like factory. Like I said they dont sell to the public, you will have to find a dealer for them in your area but to answer your question you will not be able to tell its not factory once you install it. They cut all their leather on a computer from factory specs and the color is a perfect match.
    Ok, I will ask one of their resellers even though they don't list Lincoln on their website. Thanks.

I talked to Katskin and one of their resellers. They don't have the kit for Lincolns. Not sure if you have a Lincoln or not, but maybe they stopped making them after you got yours. Oh well.