Thread: Wedding Shows

Default Wedding Shows

How do you guys approach wedding shows? We always bring a vehicle to show off(when allowed by the venue), but what materials do you distribute inside? Do you find these shows to be beneficial? I feel like many times they are hit or miss.

Very hit or miss. It all depends on how many brides attend. I offer a free limo 4 hr limo for the grand prize. I show off the limo, hand out cards and pamphlets, and try to talk to everyone. Some shows book every Saturday for 3 mo. Some nothing. Depends on the attendance.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

We have learned over the years that in our area and this market wedding shows are a waist of time. We would bring 2 limos to stage at the front door. Then have a nice display at our table inside. My wife would run the table and I would stay with the cars and show them to everyone attending the show. I have even sat in the limo with brides and discussed wedding packages. At the end of the day we had spent time and money and received nothing. We no longer attend wedding shows as it seems that most people are there for the free stuff and to waist your time.

Wedding shows are great opportunities to establish contacts with all who see the bride & groom before they even start looking for limos. DJs, catering, florists, travel agents, etc...
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Gunny! How are ya?!

Don't pay for a booth, they are in my experience a waste of time and money. Brides see your table and your cars and may take some info but will not book anything until they go home and price shop with all your competitors. Most brides at those wedding shows see limos as a commodity and will go for the cheapest they can find thinking that all limos / companies are basically the same.

In my niche, the people that have money to spend on services like mine, aren't planning their own wedding. Take that money and use it to treat high end wedding planners out to lunch to show him / her what your service is about and what you have to offer. Kind of like the pharmaceutical reps do with doctors. Even better if you pick them up in one of your cars to show them the quality of cars / drivers / service. This will give them the confidence to refer business to you. High end wedding planners are more concerned with booking quality vendors than they are with booking the lowest rate (which will likely embarrass them). I guarantee that this tactic will pay off in much better dividends than standing at a table in a sea of tire kicker dreamers.

TarponCars made me think of the last show that I did. I offered a complimentary basic limo package as part of a larger show's grand prize. The winners didn't even tip the driver despite the contract outlining that the gratuity was not included. And I should have known, because even when they called to book the limo, the mother said, "This is so great, we would have never even booked a limo if it wasn't for winning this prize!" Being the nice guy that I am, I ate it and covered their gratuity as well after the fact. I have never done another wedding show.

Much like Uber, the only person that makes any money at those shows is the person running it.

Remember to really think about who is spending their money on your services and market your business to them. Don't spend money marketing to dreamers that want to figure out how to get your services for free, market them to people that have the means to actually purchase your services.

I'd rather spend x amount of dollars marketing my services to a small section of a particular affluent town than the same x amount of dollars spent marketing my business to an entire city where the reach may be greater, but the actual number of people in my target market may be much smaller.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Doing good Phil thanks for asking. I lurk here all the time cleaning up the shit that manages to register.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill