Thread: Hackers Take Limo Service Firm (CorporateCarOnline) for a Ride

Default Hackers Take Limo Service Firm (CorporateCarOnline) for a Ride

Most of you know, I'm not a limo operator, I'm a web app developer, so this got my attention.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/11/h...rm-for-a-ride/

I reached out several times over almost two weeks seeking comment from CorporateCarOnline.com. At length, I reached owner Dan Leonard, who seemed to know what I was calling about, but declined to discuss the matter, saying only that Id prefer not to talk to anybody about that.

Its understandable why the company would decline to comment: Inside the plain text archive apparently stolen from the firm are more than 850,000 credit card numbers, expiry dates and associated names and addresses. More than one-quarter (241,000) of all compromised card numbers were high- or no-limit American Express accounts, card numbers that have very high resale value in the cybercrime underground.
    Having been contracted by companies to clean up sites/servers that have been compromised, I can assure you, that most of the time, a "no comment" doesn't mean they are taking it lightly. That is something that will usually halt all other activity in a company until resolved. Usually I don't hear the aftermath, but one company I did hear from (know the owners personally), they had to pay quite a bit (including 3 years identity theft monitoring service) for EVERY customer listed in their services' database. Not pretty.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Wow, interesting note, the link on CCO's site to their facebook page is no longer active. (not sure how long that has been)
    This space intentionally left blank.