Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Krystal Fuse or relay location for Opera lights?

Angry 2000 Krystal Fuse or relay location for Opera lights?

Ok all, I did a search first but did not seem to find the answer. I pulled up the curtain behind the seats to find the large control board. There are very few fuses and a bunch of relays. None of my opera lights are working so I am assuming there is another issue other than every bulb being burnt out. I would like to get these working again before I'm in business so any input is appreciated. Thank you

In my half year of ownership and many repairs of my 2006 Tiffany limo so far, almost all the electrical problems in the limo section are boiling down to bad wiring splices from the hacks that put the limo stuff in the car at Tiffany. As an electrical engineer, I can tell you the Tiffany wiring is horrible in my limo and they should be ashamed.

To troubleshoot, you need to trace the wires from the opera lights back to their source of power. Probably somewhere along those lines is a broken wire or one that is shorting to ground and causing a fuse to blow. Fuses in general don't blow without a reason especially when they are powering some of the least power hungry light bulbs made by man.

Blog Entries

If i remember carefully, on the older Krystal the opera light fuse is not on the board but to the side on the bottom hiding near hoses behind the right passenger seat.

If its a Mastercon board its called "Coach Lights" and is the top right fuse and relay in the middle of the board.

Blog Entries

Jason Krystal did not use mastercom. The used thier own board.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are all out. The good news is they aren't that hard to fix!

Are your opera lights the original incandescent bulbs or were they upgraded to LEDs?

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    Jason Krystal did not use mastercom. The used thier own board.
    See, I can't be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    Are your opera lights the original incandescent bulbs or were they upgraded to LEDs?
    I have not had any free time at all but they are the old look just gotta see if they ever updated the bulbs. Will look for fuse or relay first then pull a bulb. Thanks for the replies, getting most of the little annoying problems fixed up so its actually turning out to be a good car.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    I use these LEDs for the vanity mirrors when I put all LEDs to replace the stock Lincoln interior bulbs. They are bright!

Ough I like those mine has them in the back but need some up front to get rid of that dull dome and vanity lights. Tomorrow is sub install day so gonna check out the lights as we'll. Then of course gotta do the hid headlights and on and on. Oh well it's kinda fun for me. The best part our regular car broke down so we have to drive the limo every day but around here it gets respect lol! Got chased down by some girls wondering if lady gaga was in the back lol nope just my wife and 4 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLimo View Post
    Ough I like those mine has them in the back but need some up front to get rid of that dull dome and vanity lights. Tomorrow is sub install day so gonna check out the lights as we'll. Then of course gotta do the hid headlights and on and on. Oh well it's kinda fun for me. The best part our regular car broke down so we have to drive the limo every day but around here it gets respect lol! Got chased down by some girls wondering if lady gaga was in the back lol nope just my wife and 4 yr old
    Are you putting in the HID's into the existing housing? If so, I get the feeling you don't care, but that's a very unkind thing to do to other drivers. The "cheap HID upgrade" is rampant over here in TX and every other pickup truck and hooptie is blinding since the stock housing were never intended to focus the HIDs. I wish the cops would crack down since there is a law against doing that. Being in a service business in what sounds like a small town, it's probably not good for business to give the headlight equivalent of the middle finger to your potential customers.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; November 5th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

I have heard that about the hids so if that is the case no I would not want to do that. Back to the opera lights I just pulled the covers on two of them and the previous cheap skate had only the middle bulb in place and the two I pulled were burnt so I think tombono was right that they are all burnt out. Well at least that may be an easy fix. Now the prob I am seeing is trying to fish this amp wire all the way back to the trunk ugh...

Ok like usual should not have said looks like an easy fix! Well most bulbs were burnt out and one set had zero bulbs in any of them. I found the fuses says opera lights f and r well one fuse was burnt out but tried the bulbs that appear to be good in the front with the good fuse and nothing lights up at all. I turned the headlights on too so it's not that...could it be if one fuse is burnt none will work?