Thread: 2006 LTC -- question about AC recirculation

Default 2006 LTC -- question about AC recirculation

On my Tiffany limo, the EATC test shows that the door to control the re-circulation doesn't work. That seems right because it makes no change in the AC airflow or temp when I turn the recirc button on or off. On other cars, the air flow increases and gets colder when you turn on recirc. And any smells outside come right in regardless of the setting.

Before I start tearing everything apart to fix one of these actuators (and probably a new set of blend door actuators while I am at it), I am wondering if Tiffany would purposely disable this recirc feature to keep more outside air going into the car because of the passenger capacity and the fact that the rear AC blower units have no way to bring in outside air?

With all my other cars, I always drive with the re-circulation on because of exhaust smells and much better AC performance here in the heat of Texas, so I would rather be able to do that with the limo to especially cool it down fast in the summer.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; October 28th, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Tiffany would not have messed with the dash AC, 06 TC's are notorious for the actuator motors going bad causing the air flow to act crazy and not blow where you want it to in the dash. I have had to change them in mine. The blend re-circulation is the easy one to get at, just drop the glove box all the way down and it's pretty simple to change. The others require the entire dash to be removed, big job but relatively simple once you get everthing loose, I just flipped the dash over and set in on the front seats while I changed the motors out. Put everthing back together and have not had a problem since.

Thanks Nite! I will order the parts and get this fixed.

Also the fresh air intake grate on the exterior right side cowl leak on these TC's as well, you will end up with water on your floorboard when the OEM seal dries out. You must remove this grate, clean off the old sponge seal then make a new gasket with gasket maker or silicone put it back together and problem solved. If your not leaking yet you will be it's only a matter of time on these TC's.

Yea, I am going to check that too. My car doesn't leak so maybe the previous owner had it done.

So I bought the actuators to replace both left and right blend doors and the recirc door.

Has anyone done that job without removing the dash? You are supposed to be able to do those 3 without dash removal, it's the other 2 doors that you don't have a choice.

If you have done those 3 without removing the dash, I would appreciate your tips, because it looks a little tricky to get to some of the bolts and to get the units out and back in.

Blog Entries

I believe you open the glove box, un hook it and the glove box drops down.

Thanks LIMOJESS. Yes, I have the glove box completely removed (unlatch the cable, press in 2 tabs, unscrew 2 hinge bolts).

The hard part is removing and replacing the actuators as access to bolts is extremely tight and it seems to be a bit of a Chinese puzzle. So any tips from someone that has actually done it would be greatly appreciated and will be repaid with a hamburger on Tuesday.

SECTION 412-01 Climate Control
    CONTENTS PAGE
    Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door .................................................. .......................................... 412-01-2
    412-01-i
    Climate Control 412-01-i
    2006 Town Car, 8/2005
    Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door
    Removal and Installation
    1. Disconnect the glove compartment door damper cable.2. Release the stops and lower the glove compartmentdoor to the floor.3. Remove the air suspension control module. Foradditional information, refer to Section 204-05.4. Disconnect the air inlet door mode door actuatorelectrical connector.5. Remove the 4 screws and the air inlet mode door actuator.6. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Thanks everyone. I did the job this weekend of replacing the blend door and the recirc door after putting in an Amp, Apple TV, and Bluetooth. It's very nice to have them working again. It's very tight access to get out the bolts holding these units down, but it's not too bad if you have a good selection of tools for 8mm head size.