Thread: SUBS in your Limo?

Default SUBS in your Limo?

Any of you guys/gals running subwoofers/amp in your cars? I am thinking of adding one but not sure if the extra current from the amplifier will put too much load on the electrical system if everything is running back there?? I notice when the car has both front/rear ac and other stuff going the car has a pretty decent lag in power. I also would assume I would want to wire the amp to the starting battery?

Our H2 came from the factory with subs/amps hidden under the "J" seat. If I remember correctly our 2008 Krystal's had them too, but I'm not 100% sure on them.

Senior Member Excalibur Limousine's Avatar

Our stretch SUV from Krystal & ECB each have subs behind the j seat with the amps mounted to the floor under the j seat. Doesn't appear to be a issue with the electrical system, just the drivers head by the end of the evening.
    Excalibur Limousine Service
    'Delivering on Service'

Lincoln TC Exec L
    Ford Expedition
    Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5 & ECB
    Ford Excursion 140" Stretch - Krystal & ECB
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28
    Ford F550 Limo Coach - Krystal KK33

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur Limousine View Post
    Doesn't appear to be a issue with the electrical system, just the drivers head by the end of the evening.
    +1

Right on thanks for the input guys, well then looks like the limo is gettin bumps!! Should be fun trying to run the rca's up to the stereo ugh! Music just isn't the same without a little bass On a side note just ran to wally world to grab some dog chow and scored another customer just from them seeing the car wootwooot!!
    Last edited by LoneLimo; October 26th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

With subs in your limo, I suggest no lettuce as it is shredded and will easily fall out of the bun and make a mess.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

And no italian dressing, that stuff does not come out of your shirt!

Blog Entries

Most six pass do not come with subs. It is a six pass limo. You can use upgraded speaker.

Well this one will I decided on just an amplified tube style right up in the trunk area where that dumb spare tire sits (does anyone keep that spare in there). Nothing crazy just a little thump so it's not rattling the trunk or my brain!

So, lets say you are taking someone to the airport and you get a flat. Now you don't have a spare tire. Is it better to have some slight inconvenience of having a spare tire and delaying the passenger 15 minutes for their flight or having that sub and not having a spare tire and then having to wait for a spare tire to arrive and the passenger missing their flight which you are going to be asked to pay for a new ticket?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLimo View Post
    Well this one will I decided on just an amplified tube style right up in the trunk area where that dumb spare tire sits (does anyone keep that spare in there). Nothing crazy just a little thump so it's not rattling the trunk or my brain!
    Not to be rude or anything, but you are crazy if you run the car with no spare. It's not worth the risk of stranding a customer.

I have amps in all of my vehicles. The power in your vehicle depends on the altenator. If it's drawing too much power get a more powerful one or take it to get it rebuilt at a higher amperage. As far as where to put the amps I always mount them on the wall so its behind the driver. It prevents them from getting things spilled on them, is easier to access, and amps run cooler when they are out in the open and have air flow to cool them down preventing them from blowing as easy.

Yeah I do plan to keep the spare for the "just in case" scenario. The tube will still fit right back there and the built in amp is pretty small so don't think it's going to draw a bunch of additional power.