Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livery questions

Default Livery questions

So my state for livery vehicles requires fares to be on the car, can anyone tell me what that means? It also says once a client is picked up you can remove the fare signage so I'm assuming some kind of magnetic sign? I don't have a meter of course and it says using the odometer to calculate miles is unacceptable. I am in a tourist town and actually plan to do town runs at a set rate up to five miles for the main part of my business and also have a map and rate book for the other runs. So what would one be putting on the car?

Where are you? I can understand the rule for taxis but not limos.

I am keeping my location private at the moment due to the uniqueness of my business plan. It's in the statutes but I assume this would be for airport work as I personally have never seen it on any "black car" but it says these things must be on the car when the car is inspected for the license.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLimo View Post
    I am keeping my location private at the moment due to the uniqueness of my business plan. It's in the statutes but I assume this would be for airport work as I personally have never seen it on any "black car" but it says these things must be on the car when the car is inspected for the license.

Well, if I don't know where you are I can't help you with the regulations since they are different from one city to another, let alone one state to another.

Good luck.

Senior Member Excalibur Limousine's Avatar

You have to understand that the group of operators on this site are not going to come in and scoop you on your unique business plan, we all have our own headaches let alone take on another. To ask a question and not provide the important information is going to turn many off trying to extend their years of knowledge to you. The knowledge available here may save you some very expensive stumbling blocks.
    Excalibur Limousine Service
    'Delivering on Service'

Lincoln TC Exec L
    Ford Expedition
    Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5 & ECB
    Ford Excursion 140" Stretch - Krystal & ECB
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28
    Ford F550 Limo Coach - Krystal KK33

It's a dog eat dog world, I did figure this would be the case, I can do the research just fine was just looking for input on anyone else that has had to do this as I personally have not seen it on any cars but guess I have not paid a wholle lot of attention until I got serious about this. Carry on.

Default Newbie with an attitude, WTF?

It's a dog eat dog world, I did figure this would be the case,
    I can do the research just fine Carry on.
    You want information but show this DA attitude? You might want to look up Newbie Protocol. We really don't care what city you're in, but without a state, as stated earlier, it's not that no one wants to help, but can't.

If I go to my Dr and tell him I am in a lot of pain, he's going to want me to tell him where I hurt. Don't think it's going to do me any good if I tell him, "Well, I can't tell you that, you're the Dr, you should be able to figure it out." And he probably could, but ain't.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

I'm good, it's your ASSUMPTION that I have an attitude but that's OK. Now being a NEWB how do I delete this post?

Another classic example of a 1 car newb out to conquer the world.

It's all good guys I know this business is prob not worth a crap for most now and the attitudes of many of the answers around here are condescending and snooty like. My goal is to not show that kind of attitude, this place is like a ghost town and there really are not many places for limo forums thus thought it would be a cool place to chat with people in the biz. Thanks to those that have given good advice and been polite. Peace

So my state for livery vehicles requires fares to be on the car, can anyone tell me what that means? It also says once a client is picked up you can remove the fare signage so I'm assuming some kind of magnetic sign? I don't have a meter of course and it says using the odometer to calculate miles is unacceptable. I am in a tourist town and actually plan to do town runs at a set rate up to five miles for the main part of my business and also have a map and rate book for the other runs. So what would one be putting on the car?
    I'd say look into the state statutes a little more. Fares posted on vehicles sounds like taxi regulation and probably doesn't apply to you. But if you are trying to run a livery service like a taxi, where you are picking up fares via people hailing you on the street, you might just fall under taxi regulations.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

It's all good guys I know this business is prob not worth a crap for most now and the attitudes of many of the answers around here are condescending and snooty like. My goal is to not show that kind of attitude, this place is like a ghost town and there really are not many places for limo forums thus thought it would be a cool place to chat with people in the biz. Thanks to those that have given good advice and been polite. Peace

Well, I was polite. But seriously, without having some idea of your geographic area there's no way anybody on here can help out. I've talked personally to several of the members here and most are here for the good of the "little guy" industry. If you want to PM me, feel free.

ausultimate I sent you a pm and yes the post about snootiness was not aimed towards you

I'm about to fire up! Cool thing is my concept is starting before I even get going, meaning my customer base is starting even before I'm ready! I guess my name sums it up well! Low overhead can never fail peeps for those of you that are starting out! Peace

Senior Member Excalibur Limousine's Avatar

Best of luck with the new venture. Remember it is easy to get their attention at the start, the work begins at trying to keep it.
    Excalibur Limousine Service
    'Delivering on Service'

Lincoln TC Exec L
    Ford Expedition
    Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5 & ECB
    Ford Excursion 140" Stretch - Krystal & ECB
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28
    Ford F550 Limo Coach - Krystal KK33