Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best city to open a limo business

Default Best city to open a limo business

In your opinion, where would be the best city to open a limo executive transportation business?

Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

The best city would be the city that you have the most connections in that can feed you work.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

I mainly only know the party bus side of the business. But my top picks would be Chicago, NYC, DC, and Houston. That is me basing how easy marketing against your competition is while still having room for lots of growth. There are many good cities with very little competition that you will cap out once you get so many vehicles. I would say it really depends on your end game and how large of a company you would like to run.

I would pick a city that is not over regulated by local agencies. The cost of start up and yearly renewals can be very high, and your options can be limited. I am all for public safety but sometimes the redundancies can be bizarre and expensive.
    Lenora Bowman

Johnny B's Limousine Service
    Charlotte, NC
    We have the only Pink Escalade Limo in the Carolinas!
    www.limojohnny.com

I have changed my mind. Now I am thinking Guam.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Chicago is definitely the city with most demand for party buses and limos it will be for a long time !

Blog Entries

How about North Dakota, a lot of Millionaires there. "FOLLOW THE MONEY" You just have to pick the right city, and you know the traffic must be pretty stress free there, not like NY or CHICAGO, or LA
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

North Dakota is fine, there is less competition in the industry out there !

Blog Entries

Cool Best place to open limo business

Definately NOT Miami!

North Dakota? I'm in Fargo and business is horrible. Very little demand and if you don't have the lowest price you'll sit. Every 6 months or so someone starts up a new limo or party bus company, usually with old junk and not properly insured. All anyone cares about is the price. On the phone all limo's are the same. Did I mention lying about seating capacity? One competitor called his 16 pak SUV a 22, 8 passenger 120's that are called 12 paks. A guy who runs limos as taxi's for $5 per person with a $10 minimum bar to bar.
    North Dakota has the best economy in the nation with one exeption, the limo business.

A shuttle service is probably going to do pretty well !

Quote Originally Posted by excaliberlimo View Post
    North Dakota? I'm in Fargo and business is horrible. Very little demand and if you don't have the lowest price you'll sit. Every 6 months or so someone starts up a new limo or party bus company, usually with old junk and not properly insured. All anyone cares about is the price. On the phone all limo's are the same. Did I mention lying about seating capacity? One competitor called his 16 pak SUV a 22, 8 passenger 120's that are called 12 paks. A guy who runs limos as taxi's for $5 per person with a $10 minimum bar to bar.
    North Dakota has the best economy in the nation with one exeption, the limo business.
    This really is no different than any other area or any other industry. The way to combat this is to have a well thought out, professional marketing and advertising strategy. If the only information that the consumer has is price and they feel that the service is a commodity, they will make their decision solely based on price. That's human nature. If you want more than the commodity price, you need to differentiate yourself. You have to relay to the consumer, via some form of media that will hold their attention, why your company offers more value than your competitors and therefore is worth the additional cost.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Definately NOT Miami!
    I have a friend from high school who now works for a travel and tourism department in the Miami area. This person contacted me about knowing if I had any connections for limos in the Miami area after you apparently agreed to do a job but then backed out a couple days before the job was supposed to occur. I would venture to guess that your business would be doing much better if you upheld your promises oneoviding service and not canceling a reservation because you found a better paying job leaving what would have been a regular repeat customer stranded. By the way, the company that I referred that did do the job has reported back to me that it has resulted in over $5,000 in revenue since that Friday night event, but it is your business and you can run it how you see fit.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service