Thread: Limo Anywhere...... DOT Compliant......

Default Limo Anywhere...... DOT Compliant......

Hi Everyone,

I am a user of LA and I have been going through logs catching up and everything DOT and then it dawned on me. Why can't LA be DOT compliant? They get all the statuses/times/miles with DA why not apply that information to the DOT Time Card/DVIR? I would imagine this should be pretty simple. In fact I am so down for making it happen, I wonder if with the API from LA could I integrate it into another app? LA time to chime in.... If I were to create this app for use, would anyone be interested in helping in regards to finances and design (how it works), I will take care of creating it. I would REALLY like for LA to do it, but there has to be an easier way for the company and drivers alike. I have put on a request onto Limo Anywhere Voice for everyone to vote on the development of it into LA. I ask that everyone who has limoanywhere and has anything to do with DOT, please chime in. In fact if you have a vehicle over 15 Passengers, you need to be chiming in, that is unless you like the unrelenting paperwork involved.

To Vote for the idea please visit:

http://limoanywhere.uservoice.com/forums/194594-administration-system/suggestions/3850039-mileage-reports-we-get-the-mileage-why-not-do-re#comments

Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

Blog Entries

First, you may ask seven people, the same question, and you may receive seven different answers.

I have attended various DOT Seminars, Training Classes and of course the limo shows DOT overview.

You will find that in almost every class (in our industry) some say yes and some say no.

You will receive the correct answer when the DOT Compliance Officer pays a visit.

A USDOT Vehicle (CMV) is a 9-passenger vehicle (including the Driver) for hire operating across state lines. A CDL Driver is required for 16 passengers or above (Including Driver).

There are other requirements, just trying to be brief. States may require, such as Alabama to obtain an ALDOT Number if the vehicles operates within the State. Most states mirror the Federal USDOT regulations.

I believe it would be impossible for LA to perform or provide this service. The primary disadvantage is that the driver must be able to provide paper print outs of the 7 day log schedule, on site in the event of a road side inspection.

Due to various reporting requirements you may have run across a combination logbook and daily inspection report. While convent, you should keep two separate log and inspection reports due to retention periods of each form.
    The FMCSA manual/publication may contain over 575 pages.
    Last edited by Billy Bob; July 16th, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

I'm sorry you are right, I meant to say 9 Passenger! Anything over 9 Passenger..
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation