Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on insurance after denial

Sacramento - Woodland - Napa - San Francisco

Lee Martinez
    Transpo Insurance
    (702) 364-0465

Having to deal with this insurance BS last minute is super stressful and I totally understand what you are going through. It just happened to me 2 weeks ago. I've been with the same broker for a while now and instead of him shopping a month before, he shopped a week before and found that my current company wouldn't renew me. Mt company was holding funds in reserve for a claim against me. Luckily for me, the claim was 100% fraudulent(Someone stole both my plates on a Saturday night in L.A. and reported being in an accident with me the next night. Luckily my limo was damage free in San Diego to prove they were liars.), but for whatever reason, they were still holding funds while investigating the claim.

My best options were to insure for about double my usual premium, or get those reserve holds off my record. So my broker and I had a three way call and got the ball rolling. I went without insurance for almost a week and had to pass up some jobs, but it worked out.

The lesson I learned is to start getting renewal quotes a month early and I learned that one bad accident can really affect things big time.

Phil is a class act and super generous with his knowledge of limo insurance. I understand how his "wasting brokers time" comment could leave a bad taste in your mouth, but I assure you he didn't mean it in that way. Paying double of what you paid last year in insurance doesn't seem too logical, so i wish you luck in finding a reasonable alternative quickly. My first thought is that you may have to downsize and do some juggling with a friend/affiliate. Good luck!
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service

Bakersfield, CA 93307

You guys.......Boris has SEVEN days when he posted this on 07/13. The expiration of time would have been 07/20. On the same day, I got him in touch with a broker. This thread is no longer applicable. It is done, over, finished.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans