Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Party Bus Build - 2002 Ford e450

Quote Originally Posted by lolpartybus View Post
    Before the build as well, I priced out everything in excel, estimates on tinting, plexi, wires, lights, wood, foam, vinyl etc. I recommend doing this for your first build we found out quickly as we were pricing out everything that the build would be more than we originally thought.
    How much did you price everything out to be?

Blog Entries

Wow they have good prices and some of the chrome covers i have looking for a while

Stay away from the green foam for seats like you can get at JoAnn. It breaks down fast . We used automotive foam from Rockford Foam . Also we found a great place to get seat material . newtoto.com They buy a lot of end runs and saved us almost 20.00 per yard

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonspartybus View Post
    How much did you price everything out to be?
    Im looking almost 9k in the build
    paint 1800
    wood 700
    window tint 400
    plexi (local) 500
    my aunt does upholstery but im still looking at 1000 - 1500
    shopping for foam now 540
    sound system 1000 - 1300 range
    fenders 300
    46" tv walmart open box 320
    180 ft of rgb led lights from amz 200

im at about 7500 right now and theres a few things i will still have to buy. I still need vinyl and i havent included the small supplies like screws for example which adds up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Stay away from the green foam for seats like you can get at JoAnn. It breaks down fast . We used automotive foam from Rockford Foam . Also we found a great place to get seat material . newtoto.com They buy a lot of end runs and saved us almost 20.00 per yard
    thank you pyro,Ill check it out. I was looking at JoAnns at first, i found a 70% off coupon which would have saved alot of money however I decided too go with:
    http://www.foamforyou.com/Open_Cell_Foam.htm
    5" bottom Luxury-Firm High Density - Open-Cell/ Urethane-Ether Foam
    3" back

do you know if this foam will be better then the green foam?

Try getting a sample of what they sell . That way you can compare different foams

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Try getting a sample of what they sell . That way you can compare different foams
    Okay!, thank you

Look what you can do with the old good Ford F550 limo party bus. Get some LED lights and a new grill on ebay and there you go.

Last edited by stretchlimochicago; May 3rd, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

Default Mount question

Hey there! Project looks great. I'm just getting info together on doing this myself. I haven't purchased my bus yet, but am close. Just wondering how does everyone mount the plywood and everything to the ceiling. Are you bolting all the way thru and then caulking outside on top or is it screwing into a sub-ceiling that doesn't go all the way thru? Sorry for such a newbie question, but I gotta start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by lilhwe View Post
    Hey there! Project looks great. I'm just getting info together on doing this myself. I haven't purchased my bus yet, but am close. Just wondering how does everyone mount the plywood and everything to the ceiling. Are you bolting all the way thru and then caulking outside on top or is it screwing into a sub-ceiling that doesn't go all the way thru? Sorry for such a newbie question, but I gotta start somewhere
    There should be metal beams to screw into going from side to side. You would want to drill a pilot hole before screwing into it.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up First Party bus

Great job guys. I'm working on a similar project, same bus. I was lucky enough to get a one with seat around the parameter. I just re-upholstered the original seats and kept them. I painted the inside already. I still have a long way to go. I'm thinking MAACO for the outside paints. I needs some inspiration ideas. I would love see more of your bus progress so far. I hope you are fully done by now. Please share your experience. thank you

Looking good. Don't be afraid to sweat the small stuff. The little details will bring it all together.
    Phoenix Limo Service
    Party Bus rental
    Mirage Limo
    813 N Scottsdale Rd
    Scottsdale, AZ 85257