Thread: Importing into Limoanywhere

Default Importing into Limoanywhere

We do a lot of large group moves of anywhere from 50-120 people in sedans and SUVs on a monthly basis. Needless to say this is a lot of back office work entering passenger names, flight information, and all the rest into LA. Currently we are limited to importing spreadsheet data into the system to after 5 PM local time since Jay and company say it will disrupt their operation. We're finding however that even working after 5 PM the imports don't track consistently with the LA system. We have spoken directly, in Las Vegas, and extensively by e-mail about this and other issues with the system (Ores) for one and have been told that what you see is what you get. Jay told me that their system won't handle the load - I suggested they need to upgrade servers to handle what additional load may occur. He also informed us this morning that we are the only users asking for increased import capability.

Two questions: 1. Is anybody on here also handling large groups of this size? and 2. How do you handle it?

Thanks

Manual input so far . I face the same problem.

Stretch Limousine, Inc

Blog Entries

I handle similar size groups too and have been using Fasttrak with no problems.

I guess it depends on how youenter the information.

We used google adwords for awhile with absolutely no result. No help at all. As far as importing in LA, there is no help - they're simply not interested and as soon as the Empire/CLS gets their system up and running we're gone. The tie-in with Groundlink simply isn't enough to keep us there.

I'm in the same boat. I feel we are a small business and as a small limo operator we will complete around 10k reservations for 2013. I would certainly agree, Limo Anywhere just isn't cutting it. As soon as we test a system that will work for us we are out as well. We actually have Odyssey/Voyageur sitting in a closet waiting to be tested, we it came with another company we acquired.

A good friend of my brother is a senior programmer/coder at Google and he offered to get some friends together and create a software on their spare time for just a royalty fee. Issue is they suspect it can take up to a year to do.....but I'm still strongly considering it. I have spoken to other operators who main join in with me.

Hi everyone:

Two things I wanted to mention here.

1. The Import Manifest feature has been on our To Do list for a while but it has not gotten a lot of support from the user community as evidenced by our user forum (http://limoanywhere.uservoice.com/fo...vation-imports) and has not been prioratized. Take a look at other suggestions (http://limoanywhere.uservoice.com/) in the form to compare the activity they are getting vs. the import feature. However, this is something we are working on and plan on releasing an enhancement in the coming months. It's just everything we build is based on demand from the user base so your votes there do count.

2. I noticed that several of you mentioned having development experience or development resources available for hire. If that is the case, then instead of spending a year reinventing the wheel, why not build a reservation manifest import tool that will drop reservations into Limo Anywhere via our open (and free) API. If you build it as a paid-for service, you can license it to any of our over 3200 active customers. We may even help you market it too.

If anyone is interested in exploring the API option, please let me know either via this forum or simply send an email to api@limoanywhere.com and request the info.

Thanks,
    Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Hi Max,

Unfortunately, the issue is much greater than just uploading large manifests. Yes, you do have 3200 active customers, but how many are active in threads and how many voice their opinion concerning features that do not currently exist? How many push to change for the better? How many pushed to enhance the ORES (which still needs tons of work)? Not many!

I suppose everyone can define a mid-size operator differently. I however feel LA may be best for small companies that simply need to track a few reservations a day. Lucky for LA, at the moment there is not much competition. LA does do a good job, but things can be much much better.

Questions, you already have your name out there so why not enhance your software to appeal to large providers?
    Last edited by Trophylimo; September 30th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Max, I'm calling BS on your response here for a couple of reasons. 1) We've been asking, in person in Las Vegas in February, on the phone, via e-mail, and on conference calls ever since we've been a customer. I know for a fact that there have been other operators wanting this. 2) Your forum is full of requests that never get acted on, or even responded to. 3) If Jan wanted to write a reservation tool she could do it with her eyes closed - as soon as LA wants to pay for it.

Max,

I posted the below on the ORES 3.0 Testing Board on August 1st and have failed to get a response from anyone in two months. Maybe i can get a response from you.

"There seems to be a robot that is creating accounts through Ores3. Is there anything that can be done about that? I think if you implement some sort of verification code entry it will eliminate this issue. Over 100 accounts have been created so i would really appreciate your response"

Quote Originally Posted by Trophylimo View Post
    Hi Max,

Unfortunately, the issue is much greater than just uploading large manifests. Yes, you do have 3200 active customers, but how many are active in threads and how many voice their opinion concerning features that do not currently exist? How many push to change for the better? How many pushed to enhance the ORES (which still needs tons of work)? Not many!

I suppose everyone can define a mid-size operator differently. I however feel LA may be best for small companies that simply need to track a few reservations a day. Lucky for LA, at the moment there is not much competition. LA does do a good job, but things can be much much better.

Questions, you already have your name out there so why not enhance your software to appeal to large providers?
    Mayer:

The user forum I referred you to IS the venue where people voice their opinion concerning features. It's an open forum - what you see is what you get. It has been around for almost a year and we have publicized it numerous times, include links to it in release emails and have a link to it from our support site (limoanywhere.tv). If you have some good ideas on how to better engage our users, please share them with us. We'd love to get more people involved in the forum.

I have always said that if you want to learn 1000 ways to run a limo business, you should talk to 1000 small to mid-sized operators. That's just it. Everyone has their own ideas and ways of doing things and we try our best to accommodate the way everyone operates. Could we do better? Is there room for improvement? Absolutely! But I promise you that our team does not sit around doing nothing all day.

As for us being a good fit only for small operators that need to track a few reservations a day, I would disagree with that. Our system works well for operators that operate in excess of 100 cars, some Fortune 500 corporations and some of the largest hotels and resorts in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ausultimate View Post
    Max, I'm calling BS on your response here for a couple of reasons. 1) We've been asking, in person in Las Vegas in February, on the phone, via e-mail, and on conference calls ever since we've been a customer. I know for a fact that there have been other operators wanting this. 2) Your forum is full of requests that never get acted on, or even responded to. 3) If Jan wanted to write a reservation tool she could do it with her eyes closed - as soon as LA wants to pay for it.
    Nothing about what I said was BS.

1) It is an active project that has been in the queue for a while but it has not gotten a ton of support. I am not saying that no one wants it, I am just saying that out of the 3200 active customers we service, not many have expressed a lot of interest in this. That was all I said.

2) We can't put every idea into a "Planned" or "In development" category if they are not. Once the idea gets into either one of those categories, the status is updated. Once it's released, the status is updated again. So I am not sure what you mean by "never get acted on, or even responded to". What are we supposed to respond with?

3) Jan and I traded some emails and she was pretty clear about not wanting to code anything or mess with outsourcing this. But if she is willing to, we'll pay her for it. Ask her to scope this out, provide me with an estimate (SOW) and let's get this done.

Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Blog Entries

Max,

Regarding APIRES 3.0, that was supposed to be customizable in a sense of color and styles via CSS. I've noticed that turned out NOT to be the case. Having a bit of technical CSS knowledge myself, how difficult is it to give us access to a customizable CSS sheet. OR better yet, allow us to access the source-files of oRES 3.0 and host them ourselves, I WAS INITIALLY TOLD BY I BELIEVE YOU (someone from LA for sure) that that's where that was headed. we're not complianing about oRES 3 which is way better than the older system, my point is I want colors to match and perhaps make it look more personable/customizable without having to bother you guys and all we end up with is an adjustment to a top bar/menu. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE HTML/CSS/whatever script files of our company instance of oRES 3.0? In the CD show last year in AC, your reps said jokingly that it's "theft", I didn't bother explaining that we actually contributed to a certain extent to the design of it. I look forward to your response.
    John M.
    Valley Forge Limousine
    610.990.6800 Option 0