Thread: Limos.com History

Default Limos.com History

Very interesting read: http://mixergy.com/mj-demarco-limos-interview/

I believe the current investors and officers need to read the article and understand why the current business model is so flawed. Do a control F, input 85%, read that response and those following, coupled with the quality of current leads, & you immediately understand why I, and so many other companies have abandoned LDC.

I was surprised to learn he still has a stake.
    Last edited by wimpy01; December 13th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

It must be painful for him to see them run the company he built into the ground while he still has a piece of the pie. It also goes to show that you can have all the money in the world to invest but without common sense you will never succeed.

Blog Entries

Brandon, It is all about the URL. Limos.com

I own WALIMOS.com and was thinking about doing something similar for Wasington State only but never got to it.

Blog Entries

I think it was all about the URL when he made it rich, and big. But now a days, the URL is not as important as it used to be. ALimo . com could probably rank as high as limo . com as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    I think it was all about the URL when he made it rich, and big. But now a days, the URL is not as important as it used to be. ALimo . com could probably rank as high as limo . com as well.
    Did you read the article? Here are a few key things he said in the article that I believe the current owners did not follow:

-I think that’s a big strategy for people who are like, you know, I need content, is to drop content in there, if you can, because competitors. Businesses are very competitive, so when they see their competitors on there, they’re going to say, well, I need to be there.

-And then the leads, I did rigorous screening on them, and people think that you send leads you just charge for them all. We only charged for about 85% of them, so customer service on the back end was very important, making sure the product, the lead was quality was very important, so there was a lot of other stuff going on there.

I believe that he thought more long term about his site and the current owners don't. The current owners of limos.com are trying to squeeze as much money out of each advertiser and the ROI doesn't pay off. I've gotten declined when I complained about bad leads. It's bad enough that I even have to screen the bad leads myself. When someone doesn't make a decent ROI on advertising money they have no reason to continue purchasing. Not only that but the customer service is horrible now a days.

The bogus leads (ok...non-viable leads sounds nicer) and the lack of any customer support to remedy them is one of the main reasons I suspended LDC from our marketing. Should not have to argue over this stuff.

Even if that was fixed though their marketing efforts aimed at driving limos to parity with taxis is infuriating (to me as the paying customer).
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; December 14th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

I've been interested in limos.com but they don't answer the phone enough for me. How is it possible that you can do business with someone that NEVER answers the phone. I will pass on this company.

Oh especially those leads tagged Just Hourly that are routed through opentable.com. Total failure. I have has the funniest emails, phone conversations with them. From "is this free" to can they get a "party bus". To utterly confused reaction to why I am calling them.