Thread: Can someone help me find an invoice for service

Post Can someone help me find an invoice for service

Hello,

I was farming for a company and I would like to present them the invoice.
    Can someone help me find an invoice somewhere on line? A template in Word, Excel, HTML, etc. specific for the chauffeured transportation.

Best regards,

Marinpa

Attached is one I made last year for my business when PayPal's built in invoicing system crashed out for a week. I used this while researching which version of Quick Books to switch to. It is note specifc to the limo industry, but is generic enough you may be able to use it.

It is in Excel, here are some notes for editing (commands are reference to Excel 2003)

First off, in main menu go to File -> Print Preview to better see what borders already exist. Sometimes when you edit an unlocked sheet (next step), you can accidentally change or wipe out the formatting of those. Until you are used to it, after you make each change to the base template (each cell), do a File -> Print Preview. If you wiped it out, you can do Undo to get it back and try again. From experience here when I made this, I can say it is frustrating to make a bunch of changes, then you go to print it and find out a border line went bye-bye!

All cells other than the ones you should be typing in are "locked" to keep you from accidentally changing them, so when you first open it to set you company information (and possible change the background colors or rearrange other things), from the main menu go to Tools -> Protection -> Unprotect Sheet (you don't really see any change here)

Now you can full edit anything in the spreadsheet, customizing it for your company in general. (at this point, leave the sample information)

For the cells that have multi-line content, you cannot press ENTER to go to next line (it will think you are done editing the cell), you have to do ALT-ENTER to go to next line. Also to clear a cell, highlight it and press the DEL(ETE) key, or right click and do CLEAR CONTENTS, this will keep any formatting for borders/backgrounds.

After you are done, do Tools -> Protection -> Protect Sheet. You can then choose what people can change, generally, "Select locked cells" and "Select unlocked cells" are the only two.

Now that the cells are protected again, go and remove the sample data in the top right, and in the actual invoice details (You do not need to delete the right most column, and now that it is locked, you can't anyhow). The reason I leave the sample data in for Client Info and the Notes is so that you can leave the formatting, and then just change the text as needed.

After that, save the file back out as your "template invoice".

Now you are ready to use it for a client. Open the "template invoice". FIRST THING: File -> Save As and save it where you want. Always do this first, another frustrating item is going in, create an invoice real quick, then screw up and do SAVE instead of SAVE AS... you just re-wrote your template file! (To be honest, I actually kept two copies of the master template, just for the dumb times I made that mistake) Once you have the client information in the invoice, if you will be invoicing them more than once, save it out now as a template for that client.

The spreadsheet will auto total items for you, you just need a quantity and unit price. (well just price is minimum you need, it will auto assume qty of 1 if you leave that blank). Also note the "Payment" field at the bottom left. If you put anything in that cell, at the top right corner the text will change from "Invoice" to "Receipt" so you can send the client a copy.

If they do a partial payment, (never had that), there is the blank area between "Discount" and "Taxes" where you could enter a title of "Payments" and then for the amount enter the total of all payments so far as a negative number (so it applies to the Total to indicate correctly).

For invoices over 30 days (based on the terms I used on the bottom left) you can use the blank line for "Late Fee" and manually calculate the fee to enter it. If they have partial payment plus late fee, well I'm not sure, maybe "Payment / Late Fee Adjustments"? Anyhow I think you get the idea.

Lastly, if you want to e-mail a copy to the client (always best to mail printed copy too), if you do not already have a way to do it, you can install PDF995 that will install as a printer, but actually save it out as a PDF file. It is free, will just pop open a "sponsor" page in your browser each time you do a print. (I had the paid version, only $10). You can download it here http://www.pdf995.com/download.html There is two steps to install, both the files in the top right box, (when you install the first one, at the end it prompts you to ask if you want to download the second one, if you already got it, you can tell it NO)

This is also nice for for saving receipts for online purchases as a PDF for your records, or if you are on your laptop out of the office and you want to print something, print it to PDF, then next time you are hooked to a printer, just print the PDF. (These two reasons are why I bought it)

If you have any questions or get stuck formatting anything (ex, say you don't need start and end service dates), let me know. I did have to put the file into a zip format to get it to upload, inside it is just the .xls file.

-Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This space intentionally left blank.

http://www.waveaccounting.com/

Nice and easy to use web based accounting program, use this for a home service company I have. It's free and easy to use.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

There is a built-in template in Word. If your version doesn't have it, you can search the templates on Microsoft.com for free ones.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Default Thank you all!

Thank you guys. Based on your advices and templates, I create my own Service Invoice specific for farming.

30-11-2012 11-45-43 PM.jpg

Thank you all!

Jeesh that is a mess. You have to make that simpler.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Are those your trip numbers or their trip numbers? If they are your trip numbers, how do you expect them to know what trip they correlate to on their end? Regardless, I'm with Steve. That is too complex. Most people I have worked with want a line with the date of the trip, their reservation number, name of the primary passenger, start & end location, and grand total for the trip. They won't care how it is broken down as far as fare, fuel, gratuity,etc. They just want a final total. Wait time, overage time, extra stops, etc. should have all been approved in advance and the affiliate should have been notified immediately so as they could finalize the trip on their end and bill the customer for it.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Hey Steve, That is their trip numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by marinpa View Post
    Hey Steve, That is their trip numbers.
    My name isn't Steve.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine