Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Show

Dean Schuler

Blog Entries

Has anyone been to the show in Orlando and is it worth the trip? I didnt get a chance to go to either AC or Vegas this year. Anyone been to this regional expo?

Jim

I go every year-great networking, seminars, etc.
    Originally posted by Jim30:
    Has anyone been to the show in Orlando and is it worth the trip? I didnt get a chance to go to either AC or Vegas this year. Anyone been to this regional expo?

Jim
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Dean & all,

hold on, the Austrians will be coming this year!

There will be 4 operators from Austria & Southern Germany attending the show (exhibits only, seminars seem to be too specific for the US marketplace) and looking for some good networking opportunities.

If anyone will set up some meeting point & time, please let us know!

We are also actively looking for some nice vehicles to buy, we need some decent 120-ies (Dean: not only white, also black this time!) from 2003 and up... We are also travelling all about FL, so if anyone has something for sale, please advise and we will check things out.

After a really long time here on the forum, we all look forward to meet some of you in person!

Have a nice Sunday,
    Rupert
    www.amadeuslimo.com

M - I - C
    See you real soon!

K - E - Y
    Why? For your money chumps!

M - O - U - S - E

Attend this great event & get the chance to rub elbows with the magnificent Leaders who have helped shape the Industry in the South! And you too can find ways to operate your business with a dozen stickers on your windshields & regulators telling you how to shit, shower & shave!!!! Yeah! That's the ticket!!!

Click on the above posted link & read the testimonial given by Dave Shaw, President of the West Florida Livery Associated. Good ole Dave most noted for pushing higher liability minimums for sedans that triple cabs & vans plus voicing opposition to any transportation services bringing passengers into the Tampa area unless they are licensed by the HCPTC.

Yo Dave! Will you be leading the charge to prohibit non-licensed operators from providing transportation in Tampa during the 2009 Super Bowl?

Maybe a question visiting operators can ask of the Mousketeers when in Orlando.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

The wife and I are going. If nothing else it is a break from the kids.

We are newbs, so this will be our first one, should be a good time and a good chance to learn, politics and over regulation aside.

The facility is fabulous and the Show worthwhile.
    Dean Schuler

Skip the sales pitches & the "I am great speeches" & go visit Mickey & Minnie. My favorite is Universal.

As ole' Mr Stuffy (JHJ) once alluded to. I wonder what draw these shows would have if held in "2 Spoons Montana" v. popular tour destinations?

Originally posted by gunny:
    Skip the sales pitches & the "I am great speeches" & go visit Mickey & Minnie. My favorite is Universal.

As ole' Mr Stuffy (JHJ) once alluded to. I wonder what draw these shows would have if held in "2 Spoons Montana" v. popular tour destinations?
    It's funny you mention this. I tried to make reservations for my family by phone to the hotel hosting the show. I happened to call on a Saturday night to reserve the room and was told that I had to call back during normal business hours between 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday Thru Friday to make a reservation. I asked the person answering the phone if she was kidding and she said absolutely not. I called back later to see if I could get a reservation agent and got a recording stating the same thing. I refuse to give my business to a hotel that does not cater to the customer. If they cannot afford to take reservations at night I will not give them a dollar. They should have held this meeting at a REAL hotel.

They are charging enough for the hotel room. You would think they can afford to hire a full time reservation staff.

[/QUOTE]It's funny you mention this. I tried to make reservations for my family by phone to the hotel hosting the show. I happened to call on a Saturday night to reserve the room and was told that I had to call back during normal business hours between 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday Thru Friday to make a reservation. I asked the person answering the phone if she was kidding and she said absolutely not. I called back later to see if I could get a reservation agent and got a recording stating the same thing. I refuse to give my business to a hotel that does not cater to the customer. If they cannot afford to take reservations at night I will not give them a dollar. They should have held this meeting at a REAL hotel.[/QUOTE]

You must have gotten a disgruntled employee or they must have had a staffing shortage.

I made my reservation at 6:45 PM on a Sunday. I think they are open until 7:00 PM for reservations seven days a week.

You are right though, 24/7 service would be nice for the rates they charge. Regardless, I think it will be a profitable and fun trip.

I have family who have been to the Gaylord Resort in Orlando and they loved every aspect of their stay.

Originally posted by Salicete:
    It's funny you mention this. I tried to make reservations for my family by phone to the hotel hosting the show. I happened to call on a Saturday night to reserve the room and was told that I had to call back during normal business hours between 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday Thru Friday to make a reservation. I asked the person answering the phone if she was kidding and she said absolutely not. I called back later to see if I could get a reservation agent and got a recording stating the same thing. I refuse to give my business to a hotel that does not cater to the customer. If they cannot afford to take reservations at night I will not give them a dollar. They should have held this meeting at a REAL hotel.[/QUOTE]

You must have gotten a disgruntled employee or they must have had a staffing shortage.

I made my reservation at 6:45 PM on a Sunday. I think they are open until 7:00 PM for reservations seven days a week.

You are right though, 24/7 service would be nice for the rates they charge. Regardless, I think it will be a profitable and fun trip.

I have family who have been to the Gaylord Resort in Orlando and they loved every aspect of their stay.[/QUOTE]

Well they lost me as a customer. My reservations alone would have paid for another shift for the week.

You're better off Wade. Now when the shit gets too deep you have an excuse to disappear & go have some real fun!!

Do you guys know that there are places in Orlando that serve all you can eat lobster for around $30.?

GUNNY! You're the man!

WHERE is that place? Please

Thanks,
    Rupert
    www.amadeuslimo.com

Originally posted by Rupert:
    GUNNY! You're the man!

WHERE is that place? Please

Thanks,