Thread: LimoAnywhere - Mileage Reports

Default LimoAnywhere - Mileage Reports

Hello All!

First of all! Let me start by saying that I really like the LimoAnywhere platform, however....... I've constantly had ideas for improvement, and when emailing them with them, I feel they fall upon deaf ears. In saying that, one of the BIG ones is this. Mileage Reports! In both the software and driveranywhere app, we have the option to enter the Out/In Miles. In saying that, what's the point? Right? Well I think we as actual "operators" should come together and petition or in this case hammer the wishlist@limoanywhere.com email address requesting better, more informative reports. I initially bought into the software on the assumption that the staff @ LimoAnywhere actually cared about ideas for improvement. So here are my thoughts;

We enter the mileage, why not be able to use that data already there to create reports, i.e. Daily/Monthly/Yearly Mileage reports for drivers for our DOT Records! I will go even a step further on the subject, why not have the ability to flag trips that go over X amount of miles (X being a number defined by the LA user), so we can see if the drivers are inappropriately abusing the vehicles. Heres another idea! Lets say drivers have a vehicle for set period of time, say Monday-Friday, right? Now let's say they input the mileage in correctly and close trips out properly. Ok, how about making a report indicating lost miles (Trip A - 25,000-25,050 / Trip B - 25,130-25,150). Do you notice the loss of 80 miles? I notice it quite frequently, but don't have the time to check it all the time, do you? Either do I, but with the cost of fuel and going over WEX reports over the last few weeks I've realized that one of my drivers spent $1200 in fuel last month, where as everyone else spent around $800 in fuel??? So....... Is everyone seeing where this is going? I personally think my drivers are ABUSING the personal use on MY cars and I want to halt it, and if you go back and look at some of your figures I beleive you will want to as well! Please feel free to chime in and give your thoughts! Thanks!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

Love to hear from you as well LimoAnywhere!!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

GPS TRACKING DEVICES!!!

They will save you a ton of money at minimal cost
    Jerry Thomas

already have them!!!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Quote Originally Posted by kslust View Post

Do you notice the loss of 80 miles? I notice it quite frequently, but don't have the time to check it all the time, do you? Either do I, but with the cost of fuel and going over WEX reports over the last few weeks I've realized that one of my drivers spent $1200 in fuel last month, where as everyone else spent around $800 in fuel??? So....... Is everyone seeing where this is going? I personally think my drivers are ABUSING the personal use on MY cars and I want to halt it, and if you go back and look at some of your figures I beleive you will want to as well! Please feel free to chime in and give your thoughts! Thanks!
    Karl, as far as having the numbers for your DOT records, that make sense. But, it seems to me it would be a lot easier to just take a quick look at the tracking route to see if a driver is going out of the way from where he is supposed to be. This would take a lot less man hours than trying to track the mileage. You would have to know exactly how many miles it is to and from each landmark, and also allow for detours for accidents and traffic. I understand about the discrepancy between the ending and beginning mileage, but believe me, these drivers know how to manipulate the numbers to make it come out right if they think they are being tracked by miles. To be honest with you, I really don't even look at the mileage anymore since we installed the tracking devices. Maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears to me that you are creating much more work than necessary. Just my two cents
    Jerry Thomas

Yeah, I thought of that..... But I figure this. If they close out the trip "immediately" as required by us then it would be a lot of room for error if they try and scam per say. They already have so many issues as it is with being honest. As for the tracking, I would track them more closely if I had more/ or any time for that matter as I am on the road so much as it is along with the other 9 million things I have to accomplish. It would be so easy that at the end of every month when I am already running reports to pull the report and see how many unaccounted miles there are and who has them.... I personally think it would make a great selling point for LA! As for the DOT reports, thats the biggest thing, I'm trying to figure out the miles and everything and it is so friggin time consuming. I barely have 5 min. to spend with my 2 little boys as it is, let alone taking the time every day to create mileage reports. I am very surprised that most of you aren't jumping at this, unless I am missing something. What do the other operators who use LA do for the DOT Mileage reports??
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Are they recording mileage out from office, and then back in at office, or from pickup to drop off?
    Jerry Thomas

they hold onto the vehicle for 5 days. That way they have it in case any last minute runs come in.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

out wherever they are (home/office/whatever).
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

they hold onto the vehicle for 5 days. That way they have it in case any last minute runs come in.
    If you are letting them hold the car for 5 days at a time, you can be certain that they are running personal errands in your car.
    What happens if they leave for a run and theres a flat ? or the car wont start ? what is your back up plan ? Who cleans the cars during the week ? do they get washed daily ?

I never let cars go home overnight. between runs, as long as its whats best for the company, and miles on the car they take them home. never though if they have more than 6 hours between runs.

I want the cars here, where we can clean them, and make sure they are ready to go for out clients. If someone shows up here at 5am for a run and the car wont start, its an easy fix. Either jump it, or take another car. If you have the car at home, you have not chance of swithcing cars and still being on time for the client.

Do they all have garages at their homes ?
    how do they secure the cars ?
    If your car get damaged sitting at their house between runs, who pays for it ?
    I am sure there are some insurance ramifications is your commercial cars are being used for non business purposes, and I know there are some payroll issues if you have them keep the cars 24/7 in case of emergencies.....seems to me like that makes them on call employees.

My GPS keeps them all in line, and I also check mileage when ppwk is turned in. If it seems high for a run, I then log into the GPS and see what they were doing. I dont need to check every job as 99% there are no discrepancies.

Yeah, I have a pretty strict maintenance program for my cars, as for cars needing jumped cause dead battery, very unlikely. Cleaning is their responsibility (car wash accounts).

The whole point of the issue isn't the personal use, as so much the DOT Mileage reports. That was original point of this, the point of finding "abuse" was secondary after going about making the reports. I was simply pointing out that a simple mileage report would indicate misuse.

As for them taking them home, it works best as I am close to the Airport, and they all live south (you must understand KC) where the early AM trips are, by them picking up the car up here (1/2 hour here - 1/2 hour to clients = at least 1 hour lost, plus mileage/fuel on cars (both thiers and mine). Now double that when you factor in the fact that a day ends with dropping a client off south the day before). I have anywhere from 15-30 airport trips a day, and for them to bring the car back after every trip would be ridiculous in cost and waste). This way works for me, I am not doing this with all cars, only sedans. Limos stay with me. They aren't on call, but sometimes shyte happens and I need to switch runs around with the wave of flight delays and what not, I am very good at being fluid with my operation (a great thing with having LA and using DA).
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Blog Entries

FYI: LimoAnywhere has been responsive to my recommendations, I have noticed a deaf ear once however that was somethin else. They typically put together the interface then make it functional, I won't be surprised if what your suggesting is already underway. I'm aware that we should be expecting a new oRES very soon that's way better and gets hosted on your own site. my GUESS would be by end of this year. I personally think they should improve the credit card processing and signature capture (which you can't obtain a hold of) as well as rental agreements maybe, but again they work hard and introduce features every day. If you're a long term user I'm sure you've noticed that, I definitely agree with the mileage In/Out, and my bet would be it's also on its way.
    John M.
    Valley Forge Limousine
    610.990.6800 Option 0

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

The whole point of the issue isn't the personal use, as so much the DOT Mileage reports. That was original point of this, the point of finding "abuse" was secondary after going about making the reports. I was simply pointing out that a simple mileage report would indicate misuse.

As for them taking them home, it works best as I am close to the Airport, and they all live south (you must understand KC) where the early AM trips are, by them picking up the car up here (1/2 hour here - 1/2 hour to clients = at least 1 hour lost, plus mileage/fuel on cars (both thiers and mine). Now double that when you factor in the fact that a day ends with dropping a client off south the day before). I have anywhere from 15-30 airport trips a day, and for them to bring the car back after every trip would be ridiculous in cost and waste). This way works for me, I am not doing this with all cars, only sedans. Limos stay with me. They aren't on call, but sometimes shyte happens and I need to switch runs around with the wave of flight delays and what not, I am very good at being fluid with my operation (a great thing with having LA and using DA).
    $400/month in lost gas is a pretty big deal and I would think more important than DOT mileage reports. Time to put the hammer down and let your employees know who is boss or they are going to drain you.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

I am now on a firing spree! 2 down!....... NEXT!! Now onto the Hiring spree!!! I always hate this part!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"