Thread: A Shout Out to Phil Brun AKA Limousine Insurance King

Default A Shout Out to Phil Brun AKA Limousine Insurance King

I contacted Phil a week ago regarding some issues i was having with my current insurance provider and asked if he could contact me and point me in the right direction ......well he did call me that day and he basically explained to me the different options of insurance and why i had my problem ....he was also kind enough to recommend someone to me for future use.

I just want to let everybody know Phil is a really nice guy who didnt have to help me but he went out of his way to offer some really good advice.

Thanks,
    Phil

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LimoRich55 View Post
    I contacted Phil a week ago regarding some issues i was having with my current insurance provider and asked if he could contact me and point me in the right direction ......well he did call me that day and he basically explained to me the different options of insurance and why i had my problem ....he was also kind enough to recommend someone to me for future use.I just want to let everybody know Phil is a really nice guy who didnt have to help me but he went out of his way to offer some really good advice.Thanks, Phil
    Phil Brun is a class act - truly someone you want working on your behalf representing your company!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Thank you for that guys, I appreciate your compliments.

While it is somewhat of a burden to LimoRich's insurance program at the moment, I hope that it will be funny to him in a few years for the simple reason that the cause of a loss was very unique--part of the problem was caused by a bear. He is the first person that I have ever talked with that had a bear cause a loss.

Phil was very helpful to me a few years back with some insurance questions. Wish he would have written our policy!

Just a tip for those of you who don't have a GOOD insurance agent.... be sure to understand and READ your WHOLE policy and proposal. We DON'T have a GOOD insurance agent and when I recently broke my leg after falling out of the limo bus, our agent told us we didn't have coverage for the owners or the employees.........NICE!!!!!! who the heck wouldn't insure the owners when operating the vehicles or the company employees? All this time we didn't realize we didn't have insurance coverage for our drivers (except the workman's comp) if there were an accident. His explanation was saving us money.......wonder what the premium would have been for that important coverage.....We have been stuck, since our agent tied up all limo lines when it was renewal time and we were unable to get other quotes because he had already quoted our company.

Kathy
    City Heat Limo

Having a good agent and a relationship with them is paramount, I had a situation with my homeowners policy a few years ago, sewer back up coverage, she didn't put it on there to save me money, I asked how much was it, $25.00 a year, really! Wow thanks for that savings. So here I sit was a flooded basement so glad she saved me $25 bucks. If it was a grand a year, ok maybe I could understand it. Read it all, understand it all, and ask questions. I do now!
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

So true! Read it all, understand it all, and ask questions. !!!

Our personal agent is awesome, however they don't write limo insurance, so we had to pick someone--unfortunately picked the wrong guy and he's screwed us over the last 7 years with this tying up the quotes from others, then excepting owners and employees from coverage. I just wanted those on the forum (especially the newbies) to be aware that you do need to really read everything and understand it. Don't assume your agent is looking out for you, he/she's not.... only their own pocketbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    Having a good agent and a relationship with them is paramount, I had a situation with my homeowners policy a few years ago, sewer back up coverage, she didn't put it on there to save me money, I asked how much was it, $25.00 a year, really! Wow thanks for that savings. So here I sit was a flooded basement so glad she saved me $25 bucks. If it was a grand a year, ok maybe I could understand it. Read it all, understand it all, and ask questions. I do now!
    Kathy
    City Heat Limo