Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALA, THE NEWEST TREND

On Monday, October 23, 2000 several operators in the North New Jersey area met and formed a new organization. The SVLA (Specialty Vehicle Limousine Association) This association is comprised of individual operators who support non QVM manufacturers, purchase their goods and stand by the safety of these vehicles. Our association has attended meetings of the New Jersey Limousine association and the NLA, we have been met with negative comments by members of the South Jersey association specifically. At our meeting, a representative of the NLA was sent as an observer. The NLA sent with them through one of their members that we should join the NLA and maybe they would help us. Our members voted against joining the NLA and decided to join the ALA (American Limousine Association).

The creation of the SVLA was done out of neccessity. Since the NLA backed by QVM builders; Executive Coach and Da Vinci Coach who have sponsored many of the in State meetings, along with Ford and GM and several others who support QVM standards have managed to pass legislation in NJ limiting the number of passengers in limousines by redefining the definition of limousine, our association sought out support.

We have gained support through the ALA and several non QVM coachbuilders. Support from Bob Haswell of Craftsmen who has filed suit against Ford, Vinnie Bergeman of Ultra and Legendary Coach. We have scheduled a meeting on Monday, October 30, 2000 @ 9:00AM at the Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ. where the ALA will be accepting applications for membership. We in the SVLA urge all attending to Join the ALA and help us fight what has become a growing political problem nationally. Support you non QVM coachbuilders, view their products, compare the specs against QVM vehicles and see what the truth is about safety. The results will surprise you!

------------------
    Kevin TRU Limo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin:
    On Monday, October 23, 2000 several operators in the North New Jersey area met and formed a new organization. The SVLA (Specialty Vehicle Limousine Association) This association is comprised of individual operators who support non QVM manufacturers, purchase their goods and stand by the safety of these vehicles. Our association has attended meetings of the New Jersey Limousine association and the NLA, we have been met with negative comments by members of the South Jersey association specifically. At our meeting, a representative of the NLA was sent as an observer. The NLA sent with them through one of their members that we should join the NLA and maybe they would help us. Our members voted against joining the NLA and decided to join the ALA (American Limousine Association).

The creation of the SVLA was done out of neccessity. Since the NLA backed by QVM builders; Executive Coach and Da Vinci Coach who have sponsored many of the in State meetings, along with Ford and GM and several others who support QVM standards have managed to pass legislation in NJ limiting the number of passengers in limousines by redefining the definition of limousine, our association sought out support.

We have gained support through the ALA and several non QVM coachbuilders. Support from Bob Haswell of Craftsmen who has filed suit against Ford, Vinnie Bergeman of Ultra and Legendary Coach. We have scheduled a meeting on Monday, October 30, 2000 @ 9:00AM at the Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ. where the ALA will be accepting applications for membership. We in the SVLA urge all attending to Join the ALA and help us fight what has become a growing political problem nationally. Support you non QVM coachbuilders, view their products, compare the specs against QVM vehicles and see what the truth is about safety. The results will surprise you!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kevin thanks for letting me know. When the truth comes out about QVM and the tactics Ford has been using to bully coachbuilders and magazines into the program people will be shocked. Count me as a paying member of
    ALA immediately.

------------------
    Wade Randolph

Wade,

I will be at the show on Sunday and Monday. Bob Haswell or myself will report any new developments. Bob has already retained an attorney and we plan to go full swing.

------------------
    Kevin TRU Limo

Just what we need. However, we missed you at the show! Keep me posted on how the court proceedings went. I am looking forward to hearing all about it which I am sure you'll be filling me in. lol

Why is a two year old thread still here? Is this even relevent anymore?

The ALA could certainly develop into a major force. The issues that Bob Haswell raises need to be discussed fully here.

Dean Schuler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What happened?

Why is a two year old thread still here? Is this even relevent anymore?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The SVLA (speciality vehicle limousine association) died a few days later after the intial meeting, and as far as i know I don't think any of the individuals that were present on October 23rd, 2000 joined the ALA!
    HARPO

Watch Mr. Haswell, my friends...

Dean Schuler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Watch Mr. Haswell, my friends...

Dean Schuler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, does he have a WEBCAM somewhere we don't know about??

No, He has Industry Experience and that combined with knowledge are his weapons. His force is strong-a characteristic of the OLD ONES. Dean Schuler, since 1976 P.S. That comment was very uncharacteristic of you Michael. I assume it is one of your wiseheimer moods ?

Dean Schuler

[This message was edited by Dean Schuler on November 13, 2002 at 08:25 PM.]

It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. After all, the Feds rule the standards.

Dean Schuler

The most important thing is to build a safe vehicle. Let's all watch closely Ford's appeal of Haswell's victory. Regardless, we cannot have any unsafe vehicles on the road-it will kill us as an Industry. This ain't the 1980's or even the 1970's when security guards at airports would help you get clients!!

Dean Schuler

Safe vehicles are priority number one !!!!!!!!!!

Dean Schuler

Maybe my software is messed up Dean, but I seem to see you replying to yourself over and over in these forums

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    Maybe my software is messed up Dean, but I seem to see you replying to yourself over and over in these forums <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tx I think Dean is stuck in an echo chamber and he can't get out!

Wade Randolph