Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limousine Website for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Hello,

We have a limo website for sale and wanted to check if we are allowed to list it on limousinesonline, and if so what forum/format it should be posted in.
    It is a key word .com website that could be used by any limousine company. It has been used in the past for limousine advertising however it is no longer active.

Thank You,

Rain
    I'm impressed that you were polite enough to ask permission before posting it for sale. But without trying to be rude myself, I belly laughed when I saw the domain name and realized that it wasn't even an actual website. I wish you good luck in selling it, but I can assure you that nobody will pay anywhere close to $1000. I wouldn't even give you $10. Once again, not trying to be rude, just honest.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Well the link says it isn't available, and don't see it relisted, so shall we assume he got $1000 for it.

Interesting, looking through domains for sale... CaliforniaLimo.com is listed for $16,800!

Here is a link to other limo .com domains https://www.namecheap.com/marketplac...DomainName_ASC

I was reading an article on the start of Limos.com (good stuff) Can anyone guess how much limos.com was bought for (for its current use) without looking it up?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophylimo View Post
    I have no idea, how much?
    Just realized I missed the question when it was posted.

$10,000, which for a short, direct keyword specific domain name, was one hell of a deal.

Maybe you are, as it will sell for that price. And if it does not it will be re-listed for that price or more.
    Just saw the site listed on sedo for $300. Either you totally contradicted yourself or someone else paid you $1,000 and decided to take a $700 loss on it right away.

Maybe you are, as it will sell for that price. And if it does not it will be re-listed for that price or more.
    I forgot about this post. So let me get this straight... A website that isn't catchy, easy to remember, or representative of anyone's actual business name nor does it contain words commonly used by people when they are searching for the type of service it will represent, is listed for sale for what most consider a rediculously high amount. If it doesn't sell, which it didn't, you will post it for a higher price? And then you say that anyone can put together a two bit website and try to sell it, but that what you have to offer is a clean slate (read nothing) and someone will pay over $1,000 for it... Seems legit.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    Just realized I missed the question when it was posted.

$10,000, which for a short, direct keyword specific domain name, was one hell of a deal.
    That is quite the steal. I would easily pay 10x that for a domain like that now a days.

Well, since Rain knows it is well worth $1000 or more, maybe we should go to http://www.sedo.com/search/details.p...ntalsguide.com and buy it and then sell it to rain for $500... We make $200, and rain can use his/her great marketing to make 100% profit reselling it for $1000.