Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiment

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Default Experiment

We decided to use the new car for an experiment. We get tons of calls for point to point transfers but since we only had one 10 passenger we turn most of them down so we can book the hourly jobs. We want to try just for one month to do all the transfers we can get with the new 8 passenger to see if we can make any money doing it. So we have set our price for transfers at $252 all inclusive one way. We will offer this service all week even on Sat night, hoping it will catch on and we could book multiple transfers per day. Or it could blow up in our face and we waste time and loose money. The nice thing is we own the car and still have the 10 passenger to book the hourly runs. I have always wanted to try this. Hope it works. Have any of you tried this before ?

I've always wanted to try this. We get tons of calls for point-to-point service in stretches but only quote hourly. If we had an extra limo i would like to try it as well. I think it would be successful. Good luck.

Blog Entries

That's how we feel. This is our chance to test the waters and see what happens. We plan on offering this service for Sept. We will report back with details on how it went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophylimo View Post
    I've always wanted to try this. We get tons of calls for point-to-point service in stretches but only quote hourly. If we had an extra limo i would like to try it as well. I think it would be successful. Good luck.

I cannot fault you folks for wanting to get creative on moving your cars more. I have tried this in the past and what ends up happening is that those one way transfers tie your vehicle up on the busy nights and you end up turning down hourly jobs that you could have made money on. I wish you good luck and hope it works out but I am willing to bet that in the end those people will be a pain in the ass and you will turn down really good clients.

Blog Entries

The best thing to do is wait for the last week to make the deals happen.

That way you know that the car is not booked and you can send it out as a special deal for the the client.

Blog Entries

I don't see myself buying another limo without first having the need and income already in place beforehand. If it's already paid for then I guess nothing lost other than insurance and operating expenses. I have always thought of buying a less expensive limo and rent it out for what the competition rents it for to compete, but then I remind myself why we are where we are and it is not because of matching competitor prices. It is because we offer a unique, exotic type of limousine service that demands the higher rates and customers see that and book with us. Good luck to ya and I am interested on hearing how this one turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    I don't see myself buying another limo without first having the need and income already in place beforehand. If it's already paid for then I guess nothing lost other than insurance and operating expenses. I have always thought of buying a less expensive limo and rent it out for what the competition rents it for to compete, but then I remind myself why we are where we are and it is not because of matching competitor prices. It is because we offer a unique, exotic type of limousine service that demands the higher rates and customers see that and book with us. Good luck to ya and I am interested on hearing how this one turns out!
    Josh, I've tried this in the past with my Excursion limo and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think if you do it correctly and you are in the right market, it can be a home run. In fact, done correctly, it will make quite a bit more money. I was able to take 2 different groups(4 transfers) to the same concert for $250.00 a transfer($1000) one time. Also, last year on New Years I made a killing in my sedan just doing transfers. Good luck!
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Why not just have a minimum of 1 hour and make the first hour considerably more than the rest (stating that every "continual" hour after is at a reduced price, this way if they "stop the clock", the next first hour goes back to the higher rate). This way there is a time limit (also state that you will not accept a deposit without a beginning and end time) and you get your "transfer rate"?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Hey Wade you may be 100% right. That is why we are only trying this for one month to see how it goes. We are hopping to book multiple transfers in one night hopefully this will make up for any hourly stuff we miss. We still have the 10 passenger and Excursion to book for hourly runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I cannot fault you folks for wanting to get creative on moving your cars more. I have tried this in the past and what ends up happening is that those one way transfers tie your vehicle up on the busy nights and you end up turning down hourly jobs that you could have made money on. I wish you good luck and hope it works out but I am willing to bet that in the end those people will be a pain in the ass and you will turn down really good clients.

Blog Entries

Not sure how your market is but here last minute has become the normal. We could wait till Friday night then book transfers but people are call Sat morning to book Sat night. It's crazy and kinda a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    The best thing to do is wait for the last week to make the deals happen.

That way you know that the car is not booked and you can send it out as a special deal for the the client.

Blog Entries

Hey Josh we didn't do this to compete with the low ballers. We have a very high standard and we price our Limos at a premium price. This car was a deal we couldn't pass up. This is just us trying something new. We live in the middle of two high tourist areas. St Augustine in one direction and Daytona Beach in the other. So when people are on a vacation and can't afford a limo all night we may be able to open up this market to make some extra $$ If not at least we can say we tried. If you didn't notice we priced our transfer rate at a 3 hour rate with tip. $70 an hour plus 20% tip. This way we cover our costs and still make some money.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post

Blog Entries

Wow that's the kind of stuff I like to hear. I hope we can do that every weekend. We will be sure to fill you guys in as to how it went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Josh, I've tried this in the past with my Excursion limo and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think if you do it correctly and you are in the right market, it can be a home run. In fact, done correctly, it will make quite a bit more money. I was able to take 2 different groups(4 transfers) to the same concert for $250.00 a transfer($1000) one time. Also, last year on New Years I made a killing in my sedan just doing transfers. Good luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Why not just have a minimum of 1 hour and make the first hour considerably more than the rest (stating that every "continual" hour after is at a reduced price, this way if they "stop the clock", the next first hour goes back to the higher rate). This way there is a time limit (also state that you will not accept a deposit without a beginning and end time) and you get your "transfer rate"?
    We are trying to keep it simple. A point to point is just that. We pick you up and bring you to one place and drop you off. Then the car will hopefully be booked for anther transfer soon after. If the first group wants the limo longer and it is already booked elsewhere then oh well. We may change things as we go. We have never done this before.

Few years ago when I bought my new Chrysler 300 limo, I thought I was going to replace it with my 99 10 pak. Well, I ended up doing major big hourly runs on Chrysler, and doing tons of Airport and p2p on the old limo. It worked out great and super for me, but provided I didn't use my new chrsyler for p2p trips. For the old lincoln, I just didn't care if the interior was going to be ruined or if I was going to put too many miles on the limo. I still kept the 99 Lincoln stretch for 2 more years till it started giving me signs of problems that I didn't want to deal with. Now I only have one 10pak and often think to buy an older limo to do such work. People who shop around for p2p they don't really care for brand new limo and yet most were happy even in my older limo; to even make them more happy, I used to give them free bottle of champagne even on small p2p trips. Having two limos, I was able to get more work as I can use both sometimes and farm out the undoable things. I think this should work out good but I would not suggest using a newer limo in such trips. Hope this helps and good luck.

~Dee

Blog Entries

Speaking of experiments we decided to purchase a Brand new 120" MKT Limo. We are going to be the first one in the state and decided to go with a brand new one then a used model. We will let you know what our clients thinks about this. Should be in Seattle by next week.

13NL50888 (1).jpg