Thread: Obama's "You Didn't Build It" Remarks On Small Business

Default Obama's "You Didn't Build It" Remarks On Small Business

I wonder how many limo operators protected by the Nanny State were actually offended.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

I'm certainly not protected by the nanny state,and I am certainly offened by this Presidents lack of understanding in what it means to put your own money on the line .We all risk not only our money but the hope, the dream and our self esteem. I understand that many good people also work hard but for me it's not the work but the dream. He comes from a background of a south side as a community organanizer that instilled in him his core philosophy.
    I understand this fourm is not necessaryly the place for politics, but induldge me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Harrod View Post
    I'm certainly not protected by the nanny state,and I am certainly offened by this Presidents lack of understanding in what it means to put your own money on the line .We all risk not only our money but the hope, the dream and our self esteem. I understand that many good people also work hard but for me it's not the work but the dream. He comes from a background of a south side as a community organanizer that instilled in him his core philosophy.
    I understand this fourm is not necessaryly the place for politics, but induldge me.
    Most Operators aren't protected. Then there are those who are based in market entry restricted and/or minimum priced regulated arenas like Miami, Tampa, Houston, New Orleans, Vegas who can't make claim that their success is their own doing when government protects them from competition.

Example: Federal Convict, Ex HCPTC Commissioner Kevin White's infamous denial of S Class Mercedes application was during a public hearing where established Operators including NLA Director Dave Shaw stood in opposition to new licensing.
    Last edited by gunny; July 24th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Most Operators aren't protected. Then there are those who are based in market entry restricted and/or minimum priced regulated arenas like Miami, Tampa, Houston, New Orleans, Vegas who can't make claim that their success is their own doing when government protects them from competition.

Example: Federal Convict, Ex HCPTC Commissioner Kevin White's infamous denial of S Class Mercedes application was during a public hearing where established Operators including NLA Director Dave Shaw stood in opposition to new licensing.
    Whatever happened to the concept, "whoever makes a better mouse trap" Competion is always best for the consumer. New ideas and products and UNREGULATED markets benefit the whole and the denial of this concept lessens the whole.
    my two cents

Whatever happened to the concept, "whoever makes a better mouse trap" Competion is always best for the consumer. New ideas and products and UNREGULATED markets benefit the whole and the denial of this concept lessens the whole.
    my two cents
    If someone doesn't have competition they have no reason to provide excellent service and excellent product. Aren't taxi prices regulated? We all know what kind of service you get from a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    If someone doesn't have competition they have no reason to provide excellent service and excellent product. Aren't taxi prices regulated? We all know what kind of service you get from a taxi.
    Service from a taxi? Now that is one funny joke!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

my two cents
    The problem is that we are human - prone to sin. There are times, places, markets that have to have some sort of regulation. The problem is when sin and corruption take over checks and balances. An anarchist world cannot survive. I do feel our world has gone completely bonkers with rules and regulations, but there is a need for some organization (even nature has organization and rules). Could you imagine no rules - we need rules, we are corrupt. Without rules (their punishments and the embarrassment that comes with being caught), what would hold you back? Your integrity? Your morals? Why? Without rules, Kevin White would still be in power.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

We do need some basic rules, but before we go and start passing a bunch of new regulations, why don't we start with having the original regulations and laws enforced?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service