Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-Profit Looking for HCPTC Certificate Holders To File Lawsuit

Blog Entries

I have 2 websites, which one did you look at? I dont have reservation system because I cannot afford one, and because I only have one vehicle and not enough work, during the summer I average 10 jobs per month, also there are over 500 registered limo companies in Miami Dade and Broward Counties

Blog Entries

luxury service is not suppose to be affordable anyway, thats why is called LUXURY Rollex is not affordable,Mercedes is not affordable,Manhattan Real estate is not affordable,Park Avenue in Manhattan is not affordable, Caviar is not affordable, but yet there is a market for luxury goods, same with transportation, there is luxury-expensive transportation and there is non luxury affordable transportation

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    luxury service is not suppose to be affordable anyway, thats why is called LUXURY Rollex is not affordable,Mercedes is not affordable,Manhattan Real estate is not affordable,Park Avenue in Manhattan is not affordable, Caviar is not affordable, but yet there is a market for luxury goods, same with transportation, there is luxury-expensive transportation and there is non luxury affordable transportation
    And all of this relates to government setting minimum prices consumers must pay how??
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Exactly! Since when did the government set the prices for real estate in Manhattan and for a Rolex watch? They don't! It sounds like you really wanted to do those trips at $50 but couldn't. This makes your argument against the government setting the minimum pricing a poor one because at one time you disagreed with it as well.

As for your website, it was the one that came up when I searched CTS Limo Miami. Regardless of whether or not you have one or two, I came across one that I think needs to be redone.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

the consumer does not have to pay regulated rate for limo, but will end up paying regulated rate for a Taxi!

Blog Entries

taxi rates in the USA are regulated by the government right? and the consumer does not complain about that right?

That is not always true. There are many suburban cab companies that are free to charge what they wish.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

not in South Florida!

Blog Entries

if the consumer demands luxury service it will cost more, thats what I am trying to say

Transporter don't take this the wrong way, but I get the impression that if you think something won't work in your market for whatever reason, that it won't work in any market somewhere else.

I'm no longer in the limousine business since I closed in 2010, but still stay active by reading the forum and keeping my eyes and ears open to the pulse of what's going on in the industry so at some point I may return and will still be somewhat up to speed.

I realize what may work in California or Idaho will not work in Chicago or Miami, and vice-versa.

Possibly the tone that you come across with your opinions or points on how something will or won't work is what is causing a lot of the back and forth debate/arguments ???

I say to each their own, and what works for you is awesome, and what doesn't work for you may work for someone else but doesn't make it wrong.

If Miami is such a hard market maybe you and fellow operators need to join forces and do something about it if it is controlled by a corrupt association.....it's been done before and could be beneficial to the market...but will take time to make big changes.

Just my one and a half cents....
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    if the consumer demands luxury service it will cost more, thats what I am trying to say
    Okay. So then why does there need to be a government set minimum price?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

With taxi's deemed to be "public transportation" maximum fares are set to protect the consumer from getting ripped off.

Regulators set "minimum" rates on limo, blackcar, van and other non taxi services not to protect the consumer but to protect the taxi industry which feeds the Regulators and the dumbass limo operators buy this bullshit as being good for their business as they cry about gypsy types undercutting them.

Hey Transporter. I had a luxury car loving client once quip that a SUV is nothing more than a pickup with passenger seats. You know what they say about the customer always being right.

Blog Entries

you are right, what works elsewhere it may or doesnt work in Miami, I learned that a small guy can never go or win against the big fish because he will get hurt along the way and thats what just happened to me 6 years ago

"Regulators set "minimum" rates on limo, blackcar, van and other non taxi services not to protect the consumer but to protect the taxi industry which feeds the Regulators and the dumbass limo operators buy this bullshit as being good for their business as they cry about gypsy types undercutting them. "

Precisely - I just fought this battle and lost. Minimum fares were increased by the city government and MOST of the operators, large and small thought it was a great idea, thinking it will bring them more income. Econ 101. It doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ausultimate View Post
    "Regulators set "minimum" rates on limo, blackcar, van and other non taxi services not to protect the consumer but to protect the taxi industry which feeds the Regulators and the dumbass limo operators buy this bullshit as being good for their business as they cry about gypsy types undercutting them. "

Precisely - I just fought this battle and lost. Minimum fares were increased by the city government and MOST of the operators, large and small thought it was a great idea, thinking it will bring them more income. Econ 101. It doesn't work that way.
    If you're willing to sign on I will direct you to the lawyer. The organization is attacking different cities. Be advised this is a nonprofit meaning your name is what is needed not a check.