Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: bus or limo breakdowns

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default bus or limo breakdowns

    What do other owners out their do to resolve these problems with their customers?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Guilford,VT
    Posts
    163

    Default

    i once had to cancell a reservation because of a car problem.all there is in the area was taxi company,so i gave them the number of the cab company and said if the cab company is more i will send you a check for the difference.the next day i mailed them a check for $35

  3. #3
    Senior Member LIMOJESS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    1,521
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Send another vechicle, My a/c went out in the 18 pass limo bus yesterday so I sent the 36 pass limo bus.

    Use your sub contractors.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwinslimo View Post
    i once had to cancell a reservation because of a car problem.all there is in the area was taxi company,so i gave them the number of the cab company and said if the cab company is more i will send you a check for the difference.the next day i mailed them a check for $35
    I think you need to raise your rates. That sounds like a substantial difference between your rates and cab rates...and the a difference in the wrong way.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Guilford,VT
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I think you need to raise your rates. That sounds like a substantial difference between your rates and cab rates...and the a difference in the wrong way.
    They can get away with price gouging because they do 90% of there business in town and airports are just once in a while.We only do limo work so we need to be peoples first choice for airports.the customer involved with this car problem said they called us because our rates were less then the cab company

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lou., Ky & all other states
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Not to beeat up on you edwin, like Tim suggested, you are leaving money on the table for no reason. Your service and the customers experience should be far superior to that of any cab, and therefore the cost associated with providing such is greater as well.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, Indiana (Northern Indiana)
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I think you need to raise your rates. That sounds like a substantial difference between your rates and cab rates...and the a difference in the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limo Insurance King View Post
    Not to beeat up on you edwin, like Tim suggested, you are leaving money on the table for no reason. Your service and the customers experience should be far superior to that of any cab, and therefore the cost associated with providing such is greater as well.
    If you grab a taxi from MDW or ORD and have them take you to Crown Point, IN - they are generally 5-10% higher than us. Chicago livery companies are twice as much as us. We are on the top 10% price wise compared to other NW Indiana companies.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    If you grab a taxi from MDW or ORD and have them take you to Crown Point, IN - they are generally 5-10% higher than us. Chicago livery companies are twice as much as us. We are on the top 10% price wise compared to other NW Indiana companies.
    Yes, but your difference is only about $12, not $35. Chicago livery companies are going to charge garage-to-garage because it is outside of their primary service area.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    I can understand why going to some suburbs it would be cheaper to take a livery/limo service, however, the difference of $35 is substantial. If the customer was really shopping on price and price alone, you could be $5 less than the cab, still have the trip, and not leave as much money on the table.

    Now, for my business, to the area of town we are located in, yes, we are a little less than a cab, but part of that can be contributed to how some cabs will take the long way instead of the most direct way. However, going to the business districts, we are more than a cab.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, Indiana (Northern Indiana)
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Yes, but your difference is only about $12, not $35. Chicago livery companies are going to charge garage-to-garage because it is outside of their primary service area.
    I would agree and understand your point, I guess I was just pointing out how different situations/markets can be and how in some areas taxis can be more.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    I will admit that I did just recently give a quote for a trip in a sedan that, assuming a 15% tip for the cab, would come to an all-inclusive rate of about $150 less than the cab would charge. The difference with this trip is that one-way it is over 400 miles.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hilton Head Island. SC
    Posts
    46

    Default

    It doesnt matter what taxis charge or what they dont charge in your area. You charge what you want to charge to make a your business a profit and put food on your table in my opinion. My main competition is taxi's and I dont care what they charge or what they dont charge since they dont send me their profits at the end of the year.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Guilford,VT
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limo Insurance King View Post
    Not to beeat up on you edwin, like Tim suggested, you are leaving money on the table for no reason. Your service and the customers experience should be far superior to that of any cab, and therefore the cost associated with providing such is greater as well.
    yes but vermont has so little limo business you have to undercut the cabs just to get enough customers

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwinslimo View Post
    yes but vermont has so little limo business you have to undercut the cabs just to get enough customers
    I'm confused by this statement. Are you saying there is an oversupply of limos? Maybe marketing efforts need to be honed.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •