Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown issue with Ford E350 Passenger van. It dies while driving sometimes

Blog Entries

I had the same problem with my suburban. It dies for no reason. After my mechanic bent the legs of the relay for the fuel pump, no problems since that.

Quote Originally Posted by W57thNY View Post
    Have the air conditioning compressor checked - a compressor that is going bad can cause the type of symptons you're describing, and (in some cases) it won't show an error code when hooked up to a OBD scan tool.
    I've been in the auto repair business for over 30 years and *NEVER* seen or heard of an a/c compressor causing an intermittent stalling concern.

I put another 90 miles today, no sign of engine dying. Engine runs like new so does everything else. Man, this is getting too tiring and frustrating. I can't use the van, nor it is showing up anything. As of now, I put 350 miles in total to find out the problem and no luck.

You keep saying it runs like new, this leads me to believe that the ecm keeps resetting which could also explain why there is never any codes stored. It could run like new when reset because the ecm goes back to a default set of engine perameters to run the engine until it can calibrate on all of the sensor readings plus the emmission controls arent working fully which would make it seem to run real good (except for jeeps). Also if it does it again when the beeping is going on, check the dash for a security light flashing as I remember some antitheft modules being integrated in the ecm.