Thread: inadequate drivers

what ever do you guys do when you're in an area where employees are tough to get, then ones you DO get just won't care for the equipment . . . cracked tail lights, won't wash dirty cars, etc, etc, and on and on, ARRGGHHH!

What kind of rate are you paying Lady? You may need to up it to attract a better class of worker. Then of course set out your expectations and enforce them. Showing up to a job in a dirty car is simply a matter of no pride in thier work. That is the basics if they cannot handle that you cannot get rid of them fast enough!!

Steve Walker
    Azusa, CA
    steve@capriceshop.com
    http://www.capriceshop.com
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Lady Cab Driver: Are you talking Cab Drivers or Limo Chauffeurs? I was in the cab business from 1969 to 1982 in a small community of 50,000. The Taxi business does not attract the very best, but if you make them feel important, they will perform. You treat them like s with a hit, that is what you will get in return.

Like it or not, the Limo business is a lot like the Taxi business. We do find our share of low lifes but here again, treat them right, they will do the same for you.

I have found the very best way to go is to just have a small number of full timmers, the rest part timmers who have respectable jobs elsewhere, give them a little power to make decisions. Don,t reame them out if they make a small mistake that you yourself could easly make.

I have found that there are just too many SCREAMERS in this business. If a good Guy screws up, he don't need you screaming at him to remind him. He will probably feel bad enough. Just sit down, have a talk, if it is damage to the car, work out a payment plan. If it is attitude, then find out what is going on. You treat them right, they will treat you right in most cases.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

Hire via referral/search only. No newspaper ads. Train well and pay well. Treat your Chauffeurs extremely well......and monitor everything. Trust, but verify...

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

Member Limo Padawan

Many "applicants" are better suited for working the counter at the local burger palace-or sweeping up. We cotton to ( prefer ) the retired businessman.

Let me tell you little experiance I had at the Arkansas based largest retailer in the country. The person at the cash regester must not had the ability to speak because she did nothing more than just ring up the sale. Not a word, like hi how are you, thanks have a nice day, nothing. This seems to be the trend in almost any service industry today. I guess it is up to us as responsible Employers to weed them out.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

Member Limo Padawan

Years ago, If ya went to their headquarters to sell something-you arrived, walked in-and in da line of sight was a wall full of cut-off ties. If you had a tie on-they cut it off. Then you went to talk to the buyer. Sound like what'them Council Members are doing to the Torrance School of Disability Mathematics......perhaps it has been quiet here 'cause everyone is counting cars that dey don't have!!