Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New fourm members registration process

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    On a technicality Billy Bob, we need to pay him $599.99. However, I don't think that Michael has owned or been associated with Limos.com for a long time. No, the big sale I thought would happen never did and I'm not sure why.
    Guys, after I sold the company in 2007 I have not been associated with Limos.com since. While I still do own an ant-sized interest in the company, I have no input, no contact, and no say-so in what the new management does, or will do. After I sold the business, I was compensated to manage the forum at an hourly rate which after doing so for awhile, I resigned. I've since went off in a direction more congruent with my passion, and that was writing. I wrote the book The Millionaire Fastlane (a book about life and entrepreneurship which has some war stories about how I started and funded the business) and I am currently writing my second book.

I did make an offer to buy the forum about 18 months ago but did not hear back.

When the forum went dark with spam and spyware, I disappeared. I have no access to the forum on the server side so I was unable to assist in fixing the board, despite a few emails to management. To this day, I have no idea who purged the forum of the spyware --that period of neglect did a lot of damage to the board in terms of traffic, rankings, and use.

As for the original question, I have no clue who is managing the forum or what the registration process is. I visit once a week but rarely post-- this will probably be my first in over a year.

Good to hear from you Michael. As to the site being cleaned, never happened but at least the site that is linked to, which was a hacked forum itself, was fixed, so it no longer (at least currently) delivers content that google flagged.

I had read an interview or two that you gave about the history of Limos.com, good reading. Was really impressed on your purchase of the domain name!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Nice to hear from you Michael. Glad you're doing good & hopeful that LDC will take you up on your offer.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Metro Chicago - Serving Ohare and Midway Airports

Any updates for this thread anybody?
    Hinsdale Limo Service

Things have gone from bad to worse. The forum has been abandoned by Limos.com. There is no admin. The hosting fees are paid each month by automatic debit of a bank account at Limos.com. However, no one under the current ownership has any login rights. Michael Composto, the founder of this forum (and Limos.com) has long been removed from the process. I spoke to him recently and he has no credentials anymore. Gunny and I as moderators have no rights to add new people so the people that are here now are here and no one else can join.

LCT Magazine is willing to take it over but someone from LDC has to release interest in it and no one there has the password to "release interest" in it.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Hey Guys,

I lead the engineering team at Limos.com. I don't have any insight on discussions to sell the forum or not, but I can speak to the technical side.
    - Yes, we still have full admin rights to the forum and server
    - No, we don't pay much attention to it. I get a ping now and then if the db goes down and I'll log in and give it a kick and that's about it.
    - Yes, I think this forum is a good resource and I hope our Product Development team can start making more use of it to reach out to you guys for feedback. For those of you using LDC, I hope you've been pleased with the recent improvements to Ground Control - we have many more improvements in the pipeline, some of which will launch in the next few days.

I did hear recently that someone tried getting through to the ride call center to ask about the forum. I didn't get an email of who it was or I would have written back. If it was one of you guys on this thread, shoot me a PM.

Thanks
    ~Nate

I did send a PM yesterday to Zcar since I was the one that called Limos.com to try to get a new person added to the forum. While I have not heard back from the PM....it looks like forward progress.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Blog Entries

Smh so sad. This was a truly great forum. Hopefully something can be done to revamp it.

Its really no big problem if LDC does not want anything to do with it moving forward, you all can create a new one for free. You can have the same moderator's Jim and Gunny etc. With some of the newer tools etc. The only thing is, you have to start from the beginning. You would lose all the previous threads, and posts. I could have it all set up in a couple of hours with the same basic thread structure. You may have to change the domain name to something similar. If you go the free route there is no minimal hosting, and annual domain registration fees.

This forum is built on the vBulletin 4.2.1 platform

https://www.siteground.com/forum_software.htm

PHPBB is very popular.
    Hinsdale Limo Service

limousinesonline.com

expires: Expiration Date: 27-sep-2018 I have no idea if its set up by LDC with networksolutions who is the register for automatic renewal?

Updated Date: 05-dec-2010
    Creation Date: 28-sep-1997
    Last edited by HinsdaleLimoService; April 2nd, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Hinsdale Limo Service

Just wondering will the engineering team at Limos.com install the latest version of the vBulletin software for this forum? That would be a positive start to revamp.

vBulletin Connect 5.1.5 is now available.

Last edited by HinsdaleLimoService; April 3rd, 2015 at 04:48 AM.
    Hinsdale Limo Service

Hinsdale, it sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately that has been tried two or three times in the past and it just never worked out. The new forums never got much interest. Plus, you have so many other social media sites now
    Jerry Thomas

Everything is up and running now as it was in the past. It has been reset and new members can join us at anytime.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA