Hey everyone, my name is Don Todd and my wife and I are looking to get into the Limousine business here in the Upstate of South Carolina. I have been in transportation for 27 years, mostly school buses and charter buses, and am looking to do something different. My wife has been in retail customer service for the last 7 years. We are looking for a business that we can start, grow, lean on for retirement and hand down to our heirs.

The hard part - had to shut down my own business in 2003 and have been carrying debt from the loss since, including the loss of our home. Almost paid off, but that loss ruined my credit to this day. Well, looking on the bright side, I have learned numerous lessons like "stay out of debt"!

Currently, I have a 2001 Chevy Suburban, that needs some work (about $3000), and would like to see if using that vehicle may be the way to start - any ideas? Is it simply too old? I was thinking about trying to start out with simple airport shuttles - college students and individuals? I know that executive and corporate would be out of the question with this old of a vehicle - any thoughts? I might be able to sell the truck for about $3000 and get a used minivan or older sedan to do the work instead.

There is so much information out there that it can really make your head spin, but I am researching the few limo companies in my area. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Don