Thread: limoanywhere

Default limoanywhere

I am a current user of limowiz. I am considering buying the booking tool from limosanywhere and adding it to my website. I am also now considering the reservation software. These are my issues

1 Our business is not based on airport reservations only, we do mostly proms weddings wine tours night outs. These jobs cant get billed until the job is completed. Some people that I spoke to say they are billing jobs the day reservation is made.

2 Do most of the people using LA use the pricing chart? How is that working against your competition? Since you are not talking to the person do you loose more customers since they can get a better rate then what is based on there price search

3 Do you find that putting the reservation form on your website you are getting new business from the convience? (what i mean by this I am sure that my existing customers will love the convience altough I think there is a little personal touch that is going to be taking away not speaking to that customer that has used you for 10 years) How many new customers does it bring in?

I am thinking of more stuff

Craig

TOP OF THE WORLD LIMO LTD
    Reservations: 631-544-9477 800-380-8950
    http://www.topoftheworldlimo.com
    http://www.facebook.com/topoftheworldlimo
    http://www.twitter.com/toptheworldlimo

If your competition wanted to know your pricing they could just call. Not sure why it matters if they know about your pricing. However I really dislike the "referral source" that the person can choose, that's definitely something you don't want your competition seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by lilimo View Post
    I am a current user of limowiz. I am considering buying the booking tool from limosanywhere and adding it to my website. I am also now considering the reservation software. These are my issues

1 Our business is not based on airport reservations only, we do mostly proms weddings wine tours night outs. These jobs cant get billed until the job is completed. Some people that I spoke to say they are billing jobs the day reservation is made.

2 Do most of the people using LA use the pricing chart? How is that working against your competition? Since you are not talking to the person do you loose more customers since they can get a better rate then what is based on there price search

3 Do you find that putting the reservation form on your website you are getting new business from the convience? (what i mean by this I am sure that my existing customers will love the convience altough I think there is a little personal touch that is going to be taking away not speaking to that customer that has used you for 10 years) How many new customers does it bring in?

I am thinking of more stuff

Craig

TOP OF THE WORLD LIMO LTD
    Reservations: 631-544-9477 800-380-8950
    http://www.topoftheworldlimo.com
    http://www.facebook.com/topoftheworldlimo
    http://www.twitter.com/toptheworldlimo
    The Booking Tool is not the same as Limoanywhere. They are two separate programs and companies. The Booking Tool is a simple hosted program used to take online reservations. It is not really a dispatching software.

1. These jobs cant get billed until the job is completed. Some people that I spoke to say they are billing jobs the day reservation is made.

Using the CC processing unit in LA you can do either. Of course the best policy to have is when taking the reservation do an authorization of the card for what you think the total will be to make sure the credit is there. Even better is to do it the day before in case they have made the reservation 2 months in advance you will still want to see if the credit is still there. Once the trip is over and you have all your info back from the driver you can do a single full charge for the entire trip. (I wonder if they meant "Authorizing" when they said "Billing") It's good to authorize the day you get the reservation for 2 reasons. Make sure the CC number you got from the client is good and make sure the credit is there for you. I think LA Authorizes what evertotal is in the reservation at the time.

2 Do most of the people using LA use the pricing chart? How is that working against yourcompetition? Since you are not talking to the person do you loose more customers since they can get a better rate then what is based on there price search

If you are a company that has your prices fixed and does not wheel, deal, or accept haggling of them then there is no reason not to put them online in the pricing module. Mainly all it will be doing is saving a few phone calls to your office for people looking for prices. Also we found our corporate assistants liked it just so they could quickly estimate the amount of a trip they needed.

But you are absolutely right you miss out on the opportunity to "Sell" the person over the phone and you really never know how many or who is looking at your rates.. It sounds like for many of the types of runs you do a phone call is already the preferred method to book as there will usually be some questions about the run and services provided.

I think the pricing chart is most useful when you do a lot of airports and have flat rate zones set up for those rides. Not only could your customers use the web based tools to find rates your employees could also use it when they get a price inquire over the phone or email. As the zones are usually set up based on city or zip code for a large metropolitan area you could have 30 zones with different prices for different types of vehicles not many employees could memorize that reliably.

As with anything these tools are just a response to the customers. Some people do not like calling someone to ask for pricing, they would just rather go on to the next company that has their rates on their website. And some people would always call and get the info from a live person. One’s not better than the other in some cases, better just to cover all your bases.

3 Do you find that putting the reservation form on your website you are getting new business from the convince? (what i mean by this I am sure that my existing customers will love the convience altough I think there is a little personal touch that is going to be taking away not speaking to that customer that has used you for 10 years) How many new customers does it bring in?

As most companies have some sort of online reservation system/form now it is not that much of a novelty to be a differentiatorfor your company. It is best used as a selling point when trying to capture new customers. Especially Corporate customers. Assistants seem to like it as they are in control of the system and their reservation.

I do not think it ever brought in any new customers for our company but it did keep many of them once they got used to using the system and liked it.

But also you have to try and push the use of it. When we had new customers we sent a welcome email with a link to the account management, a username and temporary password. And if we got a travel agency we would ask for a list of all agents and emails and set each of them up an account pointing to the main charge account.

But the majority of the accounts were captured using the old fashioned methods, referrals, publicity, social contacts, phone and email. We did not do much SEO or web based advertising so if you are doing this you are reaching an audience that likes to use technology and could possibly gain new clients by never even speaking with them.

Really does depend on your target market and demographics. Does not hurt to ask your current clients either: Is this something you would like to use?

Last edited by Steve W.; May 24th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com