Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting a farm out company

Default Starting a farm out company

Hello just wanted to know what reservation software is best to keep track of your jobs and customers, thanks.

Ideally you will want to pick the software your contractors are using provided it has a farm in/out module. Meaning the reservation software can transfer over data to the company doing the job and there will not be any risk of data error if someone had to type it in again manually.Most new smaller companies will be on limoanywhere but the more established larger operators may still be on a programs called "Limo Magic" or oddessy if they do a lot of travel agency businessAsk around to the companies you plan to do business with you may not get 100% all using the same software but if you can do it 50% of the time you will cut down on the data entry errors that can ruin your reliability rating.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

thanks will be in touch

thanks to both of you guys for replying pardon me i'm new to this

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    The Booking Tool. You will find the link in my signature.
    No offense to Elegant but you will never be able to build a Farm-in or Farm-out affiliate company using The Booking Tool. It is a great, easy portal to take online reservations but does not have the features necessary to run a day to day corporate limousine or car service company. I did not want you to receive bad advice if you are just starting up.

What would you suggest sir?

Quote Originally Posted by JD LIMO View Post
    What would you suggest sir?
    It really depends on your budget and number of trips per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    It really depends on your budget and number of trips per day.
    Yes just price each of the software packages and you will end up at limoanywhere like most do these days.Livery coach is another one to look at. Think they have a basic single user package starting at $5k
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Well I'm just starting out and I don't have thousands of dollars to put on it...so I guess I would have to get something basic and use it until I can get something better

Wow $5k I'm no where near paying for that right now need something a lot cheaper like in the hundreds, thanks

JD, forget what you perceive everybody else doing. When you genuinely need it, it should be determined by you and your operation. Doesn't matter if it's software, additional vehicles, a larger office facility... you need to be sure whatever it is fits you.
    Karl Jones

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    JD, forget what you perceive everybody else doing. When you genuinely need it, it should be determined by you and your operation. Doesn't matter if it's software, additional vehicles, a larger office facility... you need to be sure whatever it is fits you.
    This is great advice. As with anything, it is nice to get the tools you want as soon as you can as theyy will help you make money, but if you are spending money you don't have (and then paying high interest) then this will make you go "backwards". Every situation is different -some companies do almost all farm-in/farm-out work and a software system that evryone else uses can make such company a lot of money. Some companies, whether by choice of business plan or just what market dictates, do almost 0 farm work. Some are inbetween. We have used our own setup that consists of Ecel. Spreadsheats, Word docs, PDFs, and home-made online reservation request forms. I forsee us growing out of that fairly soon, but for now it works very well and we get to spend some money on other things to improve the company. This is the fun part of business - figuring out that puzzle!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com