Thread: Should I be offended by this picture of my bus on a competitors website?

Default Should I be offended by this picture of my bus on a competitors website?

Should I be offended by this picture of my bus on this website with the text that is below it? [h=2] ~ Cantina Party Bus ~

~ Cantina Party Bus ~

This bus is NOT a Premier Party Bus

Here is a good demonstration of a bus and service NOT up to our standards. You will still see this one running around the Dayton area but please note, there is nothing about it that will stand up to the Premier Limousine service reputation, which is why it is no longer associated with
    Premier Limousine of Dayton, LLC

Always remember, if the price of your party bus quote is a lot lower
    than the competition, there MUST be a reason for that low price.

Looking for a bus that WILL stand up to Premier Limousine standards? Just click on the links to the left side and you will find the BEST Dayton has to offer.
    Last edited by Party Bus Andy; May 18th, 2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Removed banner
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Considering that the bus in that photo has a Pre Limo magnetic sticker that includes the phone number on it, I think that the photo contradicts the statement that it is not up to their standards so obviously it is or at least was so what happened, if anything, to the bus between when that picture was taken and now? However, upon looking, I could not find it on the website, so I think it has been taken down.

My bus is nicknamed the "Cantina". If you do a google search for "cantina bus dayton" it shows up on the first page. If someone doesn't remember my company name or website but remembers the name of the bus and searches for it this is what they'll see. I only hope they will see it the same way I do.
    Last edited by Party Bus Andy; May 17th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC

Blog Entries

I wouldn't be offended, or should I be offended that most of the pictures on YOUR website are pictures that I took? Heck, even your OWN website still uses pics including the Premier Limousine magnets... thanks for the advertisement. It seems that the only really good pics that you use are the ones that I took. What's up with that?

http://www.dunlaplimo.com/Cantina.html

As for your bus, no, the general public will NOT find the page on my website that you are referring to, only your own search of my website has found it. I only did this in case someone from the past had saved a link to that page, any and all links to it were severed over a year ago.

Lastly, since the bus was built in MY shop, using MY tools, MY electric, a lot of MY materials, MY ideas and ALL of the counter-tops were built by me, I felt like I could justify using a few pics of my work and money. BTW, I see that you are still running my simulators too. HA !! You can have them, I don't use snap-on stuff.
    Last edited by Digger; May 17th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

If his site shows up #1 on google for "cantina party bus" I would have to suggest that spending less time worrying about competitors and more time worrying about promoting your site better would yield you more profitable results in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I wouldn't be offended, or should I be offended that most of the pictures on YOUR website are pictures that I took? Heck, even your OWN website still uses pics including the Premier Limousine magnets... thanks for the advertisement. It seems that the only really good pics that you use are the ones that I took. What's up with that?

http://www.dunlaplimo.com/Cantina.html

As for your bus, no, the general public will NOT find the page on my website that you are referring to, only your own search of my website has found it. I only did this in case someone from the past had saved a link to that page, any and all links to it were severed over a year ago.

Lastly, since the bus was built in MY shop, using MY tools, MY electric, a lot of MY materials, MY ideas and ALL of the counter-tops were built by me, I felt like I could justify using a few pics of my work and money. BTW, I see that you are still running my simulators too. HA !! You can have them, I don't use snap-on stuff.

I will replace the one picture on my site that you took, thank you for reminding me about it. I took all of the interior pictures myself with my camera. BTW can you make out what the magnet says? I can't.

THE PAGE IS ON YOUR PRELIMO WEBSITE!! There may not be a link to it, but it is there.

As far as people saving a link to it you could have simply changed the page to say " this bus is no longer a part of the Premier Limousine fleet". Instead you titled the page "Dayton Party Bus "wanna-be" what not to rent".

If you wanted shop rent and tool rent you should have told me and I would have asked you to pay me for all of the little odds and ends I did for your company. If you don't believe we are even you can ask anybody in the Dayton area who has been around both of us.

I bought the materials ( I have the credit card receipts), and some of the ideas were yours, some were mine, and some came from other people. You built half of the counter tops. As for the simulators, they are bolt on and were purchased on ebay by me May 30th 2010. The simulators you had were 4 hand hold not the 8 hand hold that I have.
    Last edited by Party Bus Andy; May 18th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    If his site shows up #1 on google for "cantina party bus" I would have to suggest that spending less time worrying about competitors and more time worrying about promoting your site better would yield you more profitable results in the long run.
    I wasn't concerned about it until a caller brought it up.

Also, I didn't say it shows up #1. I said it shows up on the first page, below mine.
    Last edited by Party Bus Andy; May 18th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC

Sorry folks, I left this out earlier. This is the Google ad and link that shows up when I search for Cantina Bus Dayton. This is what seems offensive to me and my affiliates.

Dayton Party Bus "wanna-be" What NOT to rent
    ****prelimo****/Limo-22.htm
    Premier Limousine of Dayton Home Dayton Wedding Prom Premier Limousine Quote Request ... Cantina Party Bus ~. This bus is NOT a Premier Party Bus ...

Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC

Chris:

Sitting here looking over this thread I realize that I went about this the wrong way. I'm sorry, I should have just asked you to take the page down or change it to make it acceptable to both of us. If you want to give me a call or text me I'm sure we can talk some things over.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC

Blog Entries

I will make changes to the page when I do web site upgrades next time, I did these changes back when I had a bit of an attitude about a few things but those things don't matter anymore. I will agree that it was a bit harsh and will change/delete it.

As for you being sorry, I have learned the hard way with past friends in this business to be careful of what you say, it can be taken the wrong way and held against you for life. I can totally understand now why some of the older companies in our area do not associate with others, they had been burned and learned their lesson. As I get older, I get wiser to the ways of others and take caution in getting too close on a personal note. Business is business and that's it, some just seem to take it too personal.

BTW, nice slam on FB. HA !! If I pull something like that I just say "a competitor", I don't name company names. I know better than that.
    Last edited by Digger; May 18th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I will make changes to the page when I do web site upgrades next time, I did these changes back when I had a bit of an attitude about a few things but those things don't matter anymore. I will agree that it was a bit harsh and will change/delete it.

As for you being sorry, I have learned the hard way with past friends in this business to be careful of what you say, it can be taken the wrong way and held against you for life. I can totally understand now why some of the older companies in our area do not associate with others, they had been burned and learned their lesson. As I get older, I get wiser to the ways of others and take caution in getting too close on a personal note. Business is business and that's it, some just seem to take it too personal.

BTW, nice slam on FB. HA !! If I pull something like that I just say "a competitor", I don't name company names. I know better than that.
    I would appreciate it if you would make a change within the next week, it only takes a few minutes to setup a temporary redirect to your home page from that link.

You are right, you didn't name names, you used a picture of my bus, and a picture is worth a thousand words.

As for the FB post, thanks, I thought it was good too. BTW, I removed it a few minutes ago.

Maybe we should do like Gunny suggested last year and get together for a beer, or maybe a couple shots of Goldschlager.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC