Thread: 04 Krystal bus. Help question lighting

Default 04 Krystal bus. Help question lighting

Hy guys had stereo and lights on in back and unit was off. Battery died and now I got no ceiling or any lights in back. Can run side lights from cab but no neon bar strobes LEDs starlight Checked fuses under dash. All appears okay. Is there another panel or ????

Blog Entries

Sounds like your second alternator or third battery

If I remember the main board for the rear is in the luggage area. Think a panel comes off to expose it

hmm lots of battery power flick on rear power from cab and i get nothing i can run the side track lights or whatever runs length of bus above windows. otherwise nothing anyone have any ideas as to certain relays or fuse that may be gone help me

Try holding down the red battery button on your cab controls while switching on your rear power.Sounds like your auxillary batteries are low and not getting replenished. Have you tried a low amp over night recharge on them?Oh yea and never turn on the back without having the vehicle running. LOL

i will try that , which red button, i dont think i have one

There should be one labled "battery" on you cab controls. They are usually red in krystals maybe not on the busses. It is a momentary switch meaning hold down for on.

When you press it there should be a clicking from under the hood. Try turning your bus on without starting it and see if you hear that clicking when depressing the button. If not that maybe your issue. That battery switch controls a solenoid that is in between your main vehicles battery and your auxillary batteries. When everything is charged up it goes on automatically. The battery switch in the cab is used in case either your main or aux go dead you can use the power from the charged batteries to "help" the under charged ones. Great for jump starting your bus if you need to.

Ya I got no battery button on the bus I have one on the car. Ya getting frustrating. Trying the charge up all batteries. I emailed Krystal. Not sure if they will help

Blog Entries

Steve, buses do not have that red button.

Look Overhead above the drivers door, that is where the panel is. open it.

Where are you located? Go get yourself a good electrician or a bus repair facility. Krystall is a very common brand.

Also fill up your profile and give me your email address. I have the manual on a pdf or you can click on this website http://www.scribd.com/doc/48658796/4...Wiring-Diagram

Yes I found a manual and Krystal actually sent me a online version I think. Ya and going to find a bus shop.

Blog Entries

Where are you located?

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Did you test the batteries and alternators to see if they are even good? I like to start at the beginning of things.

ya checked, thingss are good with alt and battteries. if i flick all rear switches by tv on for lights and then turn on main power above driver. i get a click from above stereo fires up ,tv works i can turn the long row of lights on that are above windows. i use a different switch for that . when i shut off main power i see some of my top leds flicker. thats all i got, when door switch is activated the rows of lights come on. but no other lights