Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limo Anywhere Slow Down

how do you take reservations when you aren't at a computer? I answer at least 1/3 of calls when I'm nowhere near a computer and look up availability on my phone while I'm talking to them.

There is no doubt these hiccups suck and get pretty frustrating when they happen. They just shouldn't be happening and not like they have the past 1 1/2 weeks. But, on the flip side when the system is running right, which is the majority of the time, it is a pretty kick ass system...especially for the price. They have added some pretty awesome features in the past year which were pretty cost effective and worth it and now they are redesigning the whole online reservation experience...because the clients wanted it. That says something! I don't work for them and I dont sell for them, but if you were thinking about moving to LA as one person mentioned, I wouldn't let this discourage you. I'm pretty sure they hate it as much as we do and they'll get it fixed relatively soon...hopefully!!!

Todd
    John Peters Professional Limousines, Inc.
    WWW.JPLIMO.COM

And I still have no problem logging in or running LA.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Let me know when you find any server that has 100% uptime.

Blog Entries

LimoAnywhere should highly consider allowing their clients to run their "cloud" software on the client server side. I was weary about this when I signed on and while it is still a pretty solid, stable and practical solution, I prefer to be in control of my data. Even in the event my local internet service provider has downtime, I would still be able to access my system through the local network. The LimoAnywhere Local solution is by no means adequate enough to run your business in the event LimoAnywhere experiences any sort of sever downtime.

I have nothing against LA and have been pretty happy with it but I can honestly say that I have used Odyssey in the past and felt it was a more robust system in more ways then one. The cost situation, I guess that's another story.

Hopefully they consider making the change.

Default Minor inconvenience

I should say I've used LA for 6 yrs and this is the biggest hiccup to date, but not disastrous by any means. For us, relatively inconvenient on a minor scale. There was a period of about 5 or 10 minutes of instability today. Our system right now is firing on all cylinders. LA is one of the best business decisions I have ever made and I still recommend it with 5 stars.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Default UPDATE 2: System Status

UPDATE REGARDING SYSTEM PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Our team of engineers has been able to identify several potential sources of problems. As a result of this, certain parts of our environment had to be turned off.

We are continuing to search for other potential sources of problem to eliminate the possibility of another recurrence.

As of 7:25am CST on Wednesday, May 2 the administration system, the online reservation system and the DriverAnywhere APIs are fully operational.

All systems are being actively monitored in real-time by our engineers.

Limo Anywhere Support Team

----------------------

In the event of a suspected issue, before calling our support line, please visit this website to find out the latest system status:

www.limoanywhere.tv/status or follow us on Twitter @limoanywhere
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Quote Originally Posted by metropro View Post
    LimoAnywhere should highly consider allowing their clients to run their "cloud" software on the client server side. I was weary about this when I signed on and while it is still a pretty solid, stable and practical solution, I prefer to be in control of my data. Even in the event my local internet service provider has downtime, I would still be able to access my system through the local network. The LimoAnywhere Local solution is by no means adequate enough to run your business in the event LimoAnywhere experiences any sort of sever downtime.

I have nothing against LA and have been pretty happy with it but I can honestly say that I have used Odyssey in the past and felt it was a more robust system in more ways then one. The cost situation, I guess that's another story.

Hopefully they consider making the change.
    I was a former Odyssey user also. One memorable weekend our server crashed on a Friday afternoon. I had to pay a network engineer $1500 to get the server back up. Then I had to pay a GT3 software consultant $1000 to get the backup converted and the tables put back on the server correctly. That was only one incident.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I was a former Odyssey user also. One memorable weekend our server crashed on a Friday afternoon. I had to pay a network engineer $1500 to get the server back up. Then I had to pay a GT3 software consultant $1000 to get the backup converted and the tables put back on the server correctly. That was only one incident.
    Wade, sounds like the problem you had was due to hardware failure and if so, it's on your end. While it could have been a lot of things, I will venture out and guess it was a hard drive crash. If that's the case, you didn't have the right server setup from the get go. If you did, you wouldn't have had the problem. A simple RAID (2 hard drives, working as clones) array found in most any server computer would have allowed you to avoid this and continue to stay up through the crash without any downtime whatsoever. That is not the fault of GT3 or their software.

If the network engineer you paid $1500 to was the one responsible for setting up your system, he should have never of been the network engineer from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I do like LA, the price is reasonable and it is good for whats necessary in this business... I just feel Odyssey was a more robust system, faster to navigate/input data and less prone to its users making mistakes.

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who would like to have the option of hosting LA on their own server. Again, I like being in control of my server/data. I can host my own cloud if need be (the technology has been around for decades). That was really my only point.

Yesterday LA was up and running all day without any interruptions. Our drivers were able to login to the Driveranywhere app and things ran smooth. Up to this point, I have been the biggest fan of the software and all the advances they have made. I love the Driveranywhere app, integration with LDC and I am excited to work with the Groundlink integration as well. I expect from my vendors, what clients expect from us, 100%. When the system is down and I can not provide our clients the service they need, it reflects poorly on Premiere, not LA. I understand that when dealing with technology, issues come up. It is all in how you respond to these issues and frankly a week and a half of consistent service interruptions is not acceptable. Switching from CCO where I experienced days of complete outages was a big move with a lot of manual data transfers. We made the move because one of the main selling points was up-time. I realize that some operators experienced little to no interruptions and I think this has to do with the size of your operation. If you and your staff are not in the system all day long, you may have not felt the impact as much as we did.
    Jonathan
    Premiere #1 Limousine Service
    2000 Vine St
    Middletown, PA17057
    ph 717-616-8997
    fax 717-616-8415
    jonathans@premiere1limousine.com
    http://www.premiere1limousine.com/
    facebook.com/Premiere1Limousine
    @Premiere1Limo

Quote Originally Posted by metropro View Post
    Wade, sounds like the problem you had was due to hardware failure and if so, it's on your end. While it could have been a lot of things, I will venture out and guess it was a hard drive crash. If that's the case, you didn't have the right server setup from the get go. If you did, you wouldn't have had the problem. A simple RAID (2 hard drives, working as clones) array found in most any server computer would have allowed you to avoid this and continue to stay up through the crash without any downtime whatsoever. That is not the fault of GT3 or their software.

If the network engineer you paid $1500 to was the one responsible for setting up your system, he should have never of been the network engineer from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I do like LA, the price is reasonable and it is good for whats necessary in this business... I just feel Odyssey was a more robust system, faster to navigate/input data and less prone to its users making mistakes.

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who would like to have the option of hosting LA on their own server. Again, I like being in control of my server/data. I can host my own cloud if need be (the technology has been around for decades). That was really my only point.
    I never said that Odyssey was not more robust. It should be for the 17k that the software cost alone. Since there were two different vendors involved they both placed the blame on each other. It was definitely not a hardware problem alone. There were two hard drives in the server that I had paid 7k for. It was a brand new Dell server with a clean install. If you will remember my first post this happened on a Friday afternoon during the summer. I had to pay these people to work through the night and into Saturday morning to get the info off the Odyssey database. We also had a tape backup but that does you no good unless your Odyssey database is up and running. The entire Odyssey program including tables and database had to be wiped on the server and reinstalled on Monday. In all I spent around 30k that year on software, hardware and maintenance. I concluded that unless you had hundreds of jobs per day that it was a huge headache and a total waste of money and time for me and my staff. This limoanywhere almost does what Odyssey does for a fraction of the cost. As a matter of fact there are some features in limoanywhere that blow Odyssey away. I also found their management to be very arrogant and totally against newer features and technology. They can take that outdated, overpriced software and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    My reservation "software" is "running" perfect!http://www.moleskine.com/
    Sidenote: this really wasn't meant to slam LA, after testing it a few months ago it really seems like a nice system...this was just a smarta** dig at Tim b/c he is always teasing me about not having res software. Glad it is back and running for you all!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com