Thread: Vinyl Plotter/Cutter

Default Vinyl Plotter/Cutter

I know some of you guys have vinyl plotters for your own in house use. I've been doing some research, and not quite sure what to buy. What do you have (brand/model#), and the pros, cons, price? What do you recommend? Looking at 24"-34" models

Note: This is not for a retail sign business
    Jerry Thomas

Blog Entries

Jerry, I have a USCutter Refine plotter and it works wonders! I have had it for over two years and still find new things that it can do. I was able to download some free software about 6 months ago, before it was running off of some chinese software that was difficult to navigate. I believe the free one is called Sign Blaster. Works great for me and well, WELL worth the $200 I paid for it off of craigslist!!!

I bought a US Cutter (I think pcut 630 is the model off the top of my head). I also use sign blazer and it works fine. It;s not the best on the market by far but it gets the job done. I paid about $250 on ebay and it came with the software. I've been doing my own signs on my buses for about 3 years and it still works fine. Sometimes it freezes up but when I use it i reboot my computer and don't run any other programs and don't turn the machine on until it's ready to cut and it hasn't had any problems anymore. www.uscutter.com sells both the machines and the best priced vinyl I've found so far.

We buy from Sign Warehouse We bought one of their less expensive starter kits , R19 plotter with software. They might not be the cheepest but their Tech Suport has been great. We look at it like we want our customers to look at our service. We are not the least expensive ,but we try to give the best customer service . Signwarehouse sends a nice catologe with every order . They sell tons of different stuff Plotters, Printers , Tint , Vinyl, Tools , & others things. I think we paid about 500 for everything we needed to get started We can now do a 500.00 lettering job for about $ 50 to $ 75
    Last edited by Pyro; April 27th, 2012 at 07:03 AM.