Thread: Selling my Excursion limo

Default Selling my Excursion limo

Sorry to post and run, but I have to hit the gym. But I just wanted to spread the word here real quick.

2001 Ford Excursion limo, 170,000 miles, V10, lifted with rims and tires.

$29,000 obo.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/2975728736.html

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Default I love it!

Mike, I love it! It's my favorite limo of all time. Very sentimental and I really don't want to sell it. But I came upon a great deal on a newer Hummer with a brand new engine with warranty and new interior. The Hummer will rent for more hour(days) and more hourly, so I'm forcing myself to sell my old faithful. Hopefully i sell it to someone local and can by it back in a year. I just replaced the AC and it's coming out super cold(not as cold as your RV AC experiment I'm sure).

www.limokings.net

Mike, I guess I love it too much. I got a low offer that I was gonna force myself to take, but it was killing me. So I discussed with my friend(with the Hummer) and got him to agree that my Excursion is too bad ass to sell for cheap and that it would be stupid to sell a workhorse, moneymaker in this bad economy. I feel better already. So now it's time to fix the small things I've been putting off(new tint all around, new bigger flat screens, etc...).

www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Mike, I guess I love it too much. I got a low offer that I was gonna force myself to take, but it was killing me. So I discussed with my friend(with the Hummer) and got him to agree that my Excursion is too bad ass to sell for cheap and that it would be stupid to sell a workhorse, moneymaker in this bad economy. I feel better already. So now it's time to fix the small things I've been putting off(new tint all around, new bigger flat screens, etc...).
    Congrats as that is one beautiful Excursion. It was painful to read that you were going to part with it, so it makes me happy to hear that you will be holding onto it.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Personal and emotional attachments to a vehicle often weigh too heavily on what should be a purely business decision. Hopefully your attachment, and the decision... won't come back to haunt you.

At the same time, I'm kinda glad you'll still be driving it: the idea of ANYONE else behind the wheel of it seems downright blasphemous.
    Karl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    Congrats as that is one beautiful Excursion. It was painful to read that you were going to part with it, so it makes me happy to hear that you will be holding onto it.
    Thanks, it's good to hear that. I just had the interior redone last year and last month i had the AC redone. It's finally blowing cold, but still not as good as the Hummers.

But I was going nuts to think of giving it away so cheap, just so I could jump into something else with more payments in the future. In this economy, it just seems smart to work the good ol' workhorse and not let it go for cheap.

But I had a guy in Houston that was really interested. He's trying to jump into the limo biz fresh and he wants to be an owner/operator. If any of you have an SUV limo for about $20-25K that is pretty much reliable and ready to work, let me know. He's a nice guy and I would like to see him get something nice for his first vehicle.

www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Personal and emotional attachments to a vehicle often weigh too heavily on what should be a purely business decision. Hopefully your attachment, and the decision... won't come back to haunt you.

At the same time, I'm kinda glad you'll still be driving it: the idea of ANYONE else behind the wheel of it seems downright blasphemous.
    Thanks, Karl. From my deceased dog to some ex-girlfriends, I have some priceless memories in that limo and I hope i can keep it(Excalibur) forever.

I'm even thinking about putting a new F250 front grill on it.

www.limokings.net

Blog Entries

That guy from Houston called me for my Excursion limo too.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2986113782.html

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    That guy from Houston called me for my Excursion limo too.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2986113782.html
    Jess,
    He's a real nice guy. How does your Excursion limo have such low mileage?

www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I'm even thinking about putting a new F250 front grill on it.
    I think that would look pretty fierce!
    Karl Jones

Blog Entries

The headlight cost me $175.00 the grill about $200.00 with the ford logo.

Well worth the transformation.

Geoff. It came from Boston, was bought by a local car dealer in 2007 and he kept it as a private car and drove about 5000 miles in 4 years and I bought it about 2 years ago at 64000 miles.

Comparing to my other fleet cars this thing only went out about three times a week and sat most winter. So thats why .

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    The headlight cost me $175.00 the grill about $200.00 with the ford logo.

Well worth the transformation.

Geoff. It came from Boston, was bought by a local car dealer in 2007 and he kept it as a private car and drove about 5000 miles in 4 years and I bought it about 2 years ago at 64000 miles.

Comparing to my other fleet cars this thing only went out about three times a week and sat most winter. So thats why .
    I told Lee to check it out and I'm sure you'll been in contact with him. I wish I had the extra cash to buy it. Who needs a Hummer? Don't answer that guys.

www.limokings.net